• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun Control in the USA

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm not a "middle" kind of person. I favor extremes,
but recognize that compromises are political reality.
We should advocate so that the results preserve
rights to the extent possible.
then when your meet your polar self, it's just a mirror of a double minded person. the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Suave

Simulated character
Given the massive liberal opposition to urban black
folk being armed, this strongly suggests racism too.
Combine that with liberals confining blacks in designated
areas of public housing, preventing their employment
by cutting benefits when getting a wage, etc, etc.

So the problem here is that both libs & cons have sins
regarding race. I suggest looking at the issues without
muddying them up with ad hominem attacks.

I pay reparations when I visit Evanston where taxes on cannabis sales there fund housing grants to Black residents who have been victimized by discriminatory policies. :hugehug:

o-1.jpg

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
i didn't say there is a problem with owning a gun. i stated limited gun ownership. see how your fear works? you're already in crisis and there is no actual threat. gun ownership shouldn't be a given. there should be limitations.
What fear? That the 2nd amendment is being undermined? That's obviously happening.
No actual threat?
Do you think they will stop with these restrictions? That's extremely gullible thinking.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I figure if Kyle Rittenhouse could fend off a mob of angry rioters with just six shots, that should be enough defensive firepower for me packing heat even on the mean streets of Chi-town.

Seems to me AR-15 ammo is gonna soon get mighty expensine. ...:)
That's ok everyone that wants some already has plenty. You know about reloading right?

Audie

Veteran Member
Good luck AR-15 owners in getting .223 or 5.56 ammo for your semi-auto rifles! ....:D

BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market - The Truth About Guns

By the way, I have a 357 Magnum revolver, I don't need a high capacity magazine loaded with 30 rounds of ammo attached to an AR-15 in order to defend myself, :)
I had a let's see...
Smith and Wesson "Ladysmith" .38 calibre revolver. In brushed stainless finish and rosewood handle.
At range I shot a AR 15. It seemed like
very awkward to use.

Suave

Simulated character
Planning a mass shooting, eh?

And I was talking about reloading cartridges, not reloading...oh nevermind.
I doubt speed reloading another six rounds into a revolver cylinder is anywhere near the speed of an already 30 rounds preloaded in a magazine attached to an AR-15 semi-auto rifle. If I were seriously contemplating a mass shooting, the AR-15 would be the most likely choice, Right? That is why we non mass shooter types should not oppose a ban on the manufacturing and retail sales of 5.56mm/.223 caliber ammunition, Right?

esmith

Veteran Member
I figure if Kyle Rittenhouse could fend off a mob of angry rioters with just six shots, that should be enough defensive firepower for me packing heat even on the mean streets of Chi-town.

Seems to me AR-15 ammo is gonna soon get mighty expensine. ...:)
Why?

Suave

Simulated character

The Pentagon may plan to ban commercial production of AR-15 ammunition at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri, which makes almost 40 percent of the commercially available AR-15 bullets in the United States. The factory, owned by the Department of Defense, now has private contractors operating the plant producing 5.56 mm ammunition,

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This ignores the reality of people who enjoy rights
will see opposition by those who oppose rights.
And sometimes one's foes win. So fighting for
rights is useful.

Most developed countries don't consider carrying a semi-automatic or automatic weapon a basic right. They're doing fine--better than the U.S., mostly.

I think the U.S. would fare much better if the Second Amendment protected, say, same-sex marriage and reproductive rights instead of the "right to bear arms." That amendment is a relic from a long-gone era when a "well-regulated militia" could actually stand up to the state. Nowadays, the trillions of dollars poured into military funding have all but ensured that the Second Amendment is anachronistic and mismatched with current reality.

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I doubt speed reloading another six rounds into a revolver cylinder is anywhere near the speed of an already 30 rounds preloaded in a magazine attached to an AR-15 semi-auto rifle. If I were seriously contemplating a mass shooting, the AR-15 would be the most likely choice, Right? That is why we non mass shooter types should not oppose a ban on the manufacturing and retail sales of 5.56mm/.223 caliber ammunition, Right?
C'mon man, no one needs to reload that fast. If you can't defend yourself with six rounds, give it up!

In fact, all you need is a double barrel shotgun. Just fire two shots into the air and the bad guys will run away, screaming like little girls!

Seriously, why ban ammo that's used often by varmint hunters? And there's no reason that an AR should be the most likely choice for a mass shooting.

esmith

Veteran Member
The Pentagon may plan to ban commercial production of AR-15 ammunition at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri, which makes almost 40 percent of the commercially available AR-15 bullets in the United States. The factory, owned by the Department of Defense, now has private contractors operating the plant producing 5.56 mm ammunition,
May is a very big word....
I am fairly positive that the Pentagon can't legally ban the manufacture or sale of ammunition.

Suave

Simulated character
C'mon man, no one needs to reload that fast. If you can't defend yourself with six rounds, give it up!

In fact, all you need is a double barrel shotgun. Just fire two shots into the air and the bad guys will run away, screaming like little girls!

Seriously, why ban ammo that's used often by varmint hunters? And there's no reason that an AR should be the most likely choice for a mass shooting.

Fine then, I will no longer consider having a speed re-loader, If I managed to get rid of my 9 mm Smith and Wesson semi-auto pistol, ,then I am pretty sure I can get rid of the notion of me ever needing a speed revolver.

I did not realize many mass shooters preferred using double barrel shotguns instead of AR-15 semi-auto rifles to perpetrate their gun massacres,

esmith

Veteran Member
I had a let's see...
Smith and Wesson "Ladysmith" .38 calibre revolver. In brushed stainless finish and rosewood handle.
At range I shot a AR 15. It seemed like
very awkward to use.
Then you didn't have a very good instructor did you....wait you did have an instructor didn't you?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Fine then, I will no longer consider having a speed re-loader, If I managed to get rid of my 9 mm Smith and Wesson semi-auto pistol, ,then I am pretty sure I can get rid of the notion of me ever needing a speed revolver.

I did not realize many mass shooters preferred using double barrel shotguns instead of AR-15 semi-auto rifles to perpetrate their gun massacres,
Sarcasm isn't your language apparently. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most developed countries don't consider carrying a semi-automatic or automatic weapon a basic right. They're doing fine--better than the U.S., mostly.
Different countries have different constitutions,
histories, & values. I'd rather live here.
BTW, I've never known anyone here to carry
an automatic weapon. You're suggesting it's
common?
I think the U.S. would fare much better if the Second Amendment protected, say, same-sex marriage and reproductive rights instead of the "right to bear arms." That amendment is a relic from a long-gone era when a "well-regulated militia" could actually stand up to the state. Nowadays, the trillions of dollars poured into military funding have all but ensured that the Second Amendment is anachronistic and mismatched with current reality.
Ukraine has demonstrated that small
arms are useful to fight invaders.