• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guliani will be the fall guy...

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
You think Giuliani is willing to go to prison to protect Trump? Or I wonder if he'll seek a deal with Democrats, where he gets immunity in exchange for truthful testimony?

sealchan

You think Giuliani is willing to go to prison to protect Trump? Or I wonder if he'll seek a deal with Democrats, where he gets immunity in exchange for truthful testimony?

Remember that Trump holds the get out of jail free card...or does he? I suppose as long as Guliani thinks that Republicans won't remove him from office, he might be safe.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Remember that Trump holds the get out of jail free card...or does he? I suppose as long as Guliani thinks that Republicans won't remove him from office, he might be safe.
If Giuliani goes to prison rather than testify, and then Trump pardons him (and Stone and Manafort and Flynn).....I....we.....I have no idea what'll happen.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes I think he's being set up to be the fall guy. Beyond that, who knows. Will he take the fall or believe Trump will pardon him? Will Trump pardon him?

Care to bet?

sealchan

If Giuliani goes to prison rather than testify, and then Trump pardons him (and Stone and Manafort and Flynn).....I....we.....I have no idea what'll happen.

Well excepting those who drink the Kool-Aid from the conservative media's water cooler these days...most people can see bad character when it overwhelmingly presents itself. I think enough of the independents are going to prefer anyone but Trump to make this next election the end of this fiasco. But what if Giuliani is still tied up in court by then? Too late for a pardon. But he can't plead guilty! Is there a quick way to get through a trial and Trump still be okay to pardon him?

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Well accepting those who drink the Kool-Aid from the conservative media's water cooler these days...most people can see bad character when it overwhelmingly presents itself. I think enough of the independents are going to prefer anyone but Trump to make this next election the end of this fiasco. But what if Giuliani is still tied up in court by then? Too late for a pardon. But he can't plead guilty! Is there a quick way to get through a trial and Trump still be okay to pardon him?
Who knows? I guess this is what the country gets for electing a reality show President.

Tune in tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Yes. Ever since this whole debacle started and things started to point to Giuliani, it's been in my mind that he'll go down while the almighty prez Trump will still hang around.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A CNN commentator today indicates that Republican Representative Castor asked a question that suggests that the groundwork is being laid to make Guliani to be the bad guy in this whole bribery effort.

Watch through to end of video...
King: Sondland has guaranteed Trump's impeachment - CNN Video

The question for this thread...will that work? And for whom?

I suppose we will find out if Giuliani is smart enough to keep himself out of jail.

Terry Sampson

A CNN commentator today indicates that Republican Representative Castor asked a question that suggests that the groundwork is being laid to make Guliani to be the bad guy in this whole bribery effort.

a. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
b. Personally, I doubt that Giuliani was principally, much less solely, responsible for Trump's bribery/extortion/quid pro quo scheme; but he's definitely one of the key players.

sealchan

I don't think that it can work. It is just too obvious that Giuliani is a follower, not a mover.

Ya, its one of those self-contradictory arguments that the Republicans keep coming up with for a guy who was going to drain the swamp and who is Mr. Large N. In-Charge...but he doesn't know these people...

idav

Being
Premium Member

Stupid scheme probably was Giuliani's idea. Even if it was, everyone involved with a crime is culpable though the US president has a lot of leverage and power over those working for him. People don't agree with Trump they get fired

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It's going to depend on Rudy, I think. It could definitely work if he wants it to.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well excepting those who drink the Kool-Aid from the conservative media's water cooler these days...most people can see bad character when it overwhelmingly presents itself. I think enough of the independents are going to prefer anyone but Trump to make this next election the end of this fiasco. But what if Giuliani is still tied up in court by then? Too late for a pardon. But he can't plead guilty! Is there a quick way to get through a trial and Trump still be okay to pardon him?
Has Trump pardoned Cohen?
What has that got to do with anything? Nothing as far as I can see. He will do what he will do if Guiliani is convicted and he's still POTUS. Or do you assert he has to pardon everyone or no one?