• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guillotine or Gas?

Mystic-als

Where are all the fire balls?
Is the sky falling down?
Funny, the clock keeps ticking
The baby keeps crying
People are still killing
Ultimate destruction
The end of the world in the blink of an eye
I keep blinking, winking
The world keeps sinking
A slow death
See we don’t need another to destroy us
We are murdering ourselves
So yes the end didn’t come
But the beginning of it
So do I celebrate that destruction didn’t come
Or do I mourn

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My first impression of this poem is that it shall become a favorite.

I love the cadence, Mystic. I want to savor it, roll it aloud. Even loudly, to make my upstairs neighbor's dogs bark at me. It's a good strong cadence and a pleasure how it fits with the theme and rhyme.

The conclusion is perfect, IMO. Open ended, thought provoking, leaves a good aftertaste.

In fact, the whole poem leaves a good aftertaste. I liked the way you got your point across without preaching it. The poem didn't even come close to making me want to take a shower after reading it, as so many political/social works do. Instead, I wanted to reread it, to sound it, to think about it.

Excellent work! On my scale, high quality, fertile, meaningful giraffe crap. The kind of poem you want in your garden of delights forever.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
michel said:
I am beginning to wonder if anything I ever wrote was worth the paper..........:rolleyes:

*sigh* I have so many days like that! Why don't you put some of your stuff up? I promise not to bite!

Is this about 9/11? Sounds like it. I like how is sounds and rolls off the tongue. I think you should celebrate life. Not destruction.