• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guiding Principles of the LHP

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Oh, yea, there is a fifth person in this world that I know I can trust, and that is my piano instructor Dr. Alice Brook. :D

/Adramelek\

Orias

Left Hand Path
As a general rule I don't trust people. I have been lied to, stolen from, taken advantage of, basically been screwed so many times by people I thought of as friends. Even my own brother one time inserted his **** in my *** by stealing my identity. It's unfortunate, but, yes generally I consider most people to be untrustworthy. I can say though that there are four people in this world that I do trust - my self, my mother and father, and one other special person who I first met on this very forum. :D However, I do tend to treat people how I would want to be treated, but if you screw me, don't be surprised to (metaphorically) find my fist firmly inserted up your *** one very dark and dismal day.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I'm in the same boat, the whole "golden rule" and "treating others as they treat you" is as straightforward as it is an ideal. These things can only really apply to a person that you know, aware of habits/tendencies etc.

With that said, I trust people enough to know when to not trust them. I generally give everyone the benefit of doubt, while still keeping my arsenal within arms reach.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
We--people--have a prominent cognitive tool we always use called the negativity bias; hard to notice by the way. Have you considered that in connection to your ideas of other people?

You can only be negative if you have a perceive there is occasionally a positive expectation -- if it merely is how it generally plays out it is just an observation even though it is not a pleasant one. Socially people are generally liabilities unless they have extremely good character a trait which is getting rarer and rarer these days. That doesn't really reflect much about me personally... Naturally, I'm a 'give a person a chance' type but that hasn't played to my advantage often thus I stop acting in such way willfully, but not out of aversion. That was a logical choice made by analysis of past experiences.

Psychoanalytical types tend to feel that if someone hates society or people in general something is wrong. They're right... People are wrong -- I am merely dodging the road apples.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I hadn't had the intentions of reading this entire thread before posting, sorry if I'm posting repeats or if I've missed an addition to the thread, I'll be sure to check back when I have more time.

A few I personally emphasize (rather than just shedding to my own light) would be these, in order from most important to least:

Patience - While time is valuable and cannot be wasted, it is easy to waste if you're in a hurry at things. Patience is not only at taking your time in an action, but if the result you intended for an action that hasn't yet occurred, be patient, it will come as long as you've done everything right. While waiting, recall how you did the action compared to how you were supposed to, but do not rush this thinking, you have time.

Logic - Think twice before doing something, ritual or otherwise, but especially ritually, effects can be especially damaging under extreme circumstances. Do critical thinking before saying or doing something that will impact you or another.

Remain Stoic - Being a person who often times expressed himself too deeply, I've learned that it's best to remain stoic not only in mind, but in action. Do not hold high reactions to things, especially emotional reactions. If you hold your excitement to yourself, it will be felt more internally. And externally you will not reveal too much of yourself, which revealing yourself is a big no-no. For many reasons, it's best to remain moderately mysterious and calm. If you hold your emotional pain to yourself, you will get a lot less people involved and in fact you will be able to rationalize this pain more, and this is where "logic" and "patience" will come to use. Think about this pain, think about how to resolve it, keep it in, internally it will be easier to resolve this pain. Externally, you will not show your weaknesses to people or the environment around you, and yes, keep in mind unconscious forces can be against you.

Independence - Keeping in mind that everything is dependent on everything around, independence is therefore a key importance. It is not only important to you, but the environment around you. You will have less effect on things that, and therefore things will have less effect on you. This is not to go extremist and tell everyone to resolve issues themselves, but realizing how to resolve issues on your own if you can, and when you need to, there wont always be things around you that you usually depended on in the past, learn how to use yourself more than surroundings.

Non-Pride - I don't know a word for this, while humility is important, this is not exactly humility that I'm trying to profess. Basically, don't be boastful of yourself, in mind or externally, especially externally (which recalls back to "remaining stoic"). Have a warm thumb. When you are successful at, for example, a sport. Don't over contemplate that "oh gosh, I made a basket!" and think on and on about it. It'll ruin you, because if you strengthen that pride too much, it'll yank back your arm the next time you try to achieve. Simply learn how you did that amazing thing, and attempt to do that amazing thing again (if necessary).

Erebus

OK the rest is over, it's time to reactivate this DIR. As a LHPather, Satanist, Setian, Luciferian, what are some of the principles or philosophies you have found that have helped guide you successfully in your quest in the great Work of Life?

Once stripped down to their absolute bare bones my principles are incredibly simple:

"Be aware of the consequences of your actions." and "Everything is a shade of grey."

Kenaz

I Am
Perfect yourself, if the world changes with that's even better, and if not it's their loss.

Indeed. I have noticed that, in my own life, the more I become conscious of myself and the world around me, many people do not grow with me. This creates a friction and a desire to raise people to the same awareness so that you can share in such enlightenment. To use a metaphor -- it is odd to be awake in a world where people seem to be sleep walking, you fear for your own safety and others.

As you have noted -- such change, it is my belief, can only come from each individual. We can only be noble exemplars of our own ideals and truths, and hope that, like a fire, it spreads to others by our very presence and through our deeds.

I have never truly changed because of what another has told me. I always needed first hand experience, to burn my finger on the fire. "Hot," my first words as a babe. :D

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The practice of Black Magick is an important aspect of my Path. Black Magick = the Art of changing or altering the equilibrium of the subjective universe in order to produce a similar or proportionate change in the equilibrium of the objective universe in accordance with the Will.

Some of us practitioners recognize two forms of Magick or Black Magick, Lesser Black Magic (LBM) and Greater Black Magic (GBM). I like the way Anton LaVey symbolically defined the two forms in his "Die Elektrischen Vorspiele" (The Electric Prelude) or "Rite of the Is To Be" in The Satanic Rituals:
"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law. The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy. The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!"

There is a three-fold process in the practice of Greater Black Magick:

I. Origination - all Magick originates from within the mind. Abstract and subjective thought.

II. Manifestation - the refinement of the Will through Ritual Magic employed by the Magician and to make his/her Will known to the Universe.

III. Crystallization - the realization of the Magicians Will in a definite form within the fabric of the objective universe. Subjective thought becomes objective reality.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The practice of Black Magick is an important aspect of my Path. Black Magick = the Art of changing or altering the equilibrium of the subjective universe in order to produce a similar or proportionate change in the equilibrium of the objective universe in accordance with the Will.

Some of us practitioners recognize two forms of Magick or Black Magick, Lesser Black Magic (LBM) and Greater Black Magic (GBM). I like the way Anton LaVey symbolically defined the two forms in his "Die Elektrischen Vorspiele" (The Electric Prelude) or "Rite of the Is To Be" in The Satanic Rituals:
"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law. The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy. The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!"

There is a three-fold process in the practice of Greater Black Magick:

I. Origination - all Magick originates from within the mind. Abstract and subjective thought.

II. Manifestation - the refinement of the Will through Ritual Magic employed by the Magician and to make his/her Will known to the Universe.

III. Crystallization - the realization of the Magicians Will in a definite form within the fabric of the objective universe. Subjective thought becomes objective reality.

/Adramelek\

Of course, listen on June 21st to RF Radio "Summer of the Black Flame" and I will define in Setian terms the Left Hand Path and the practice of Black Magick.

ExOrienteNox

Magician
Here some of Mine :

Antinomianism :
For me Going again the natural Order(Antinomianism) is a continual Process of Freeing and Refining the Self from all the so called "moral principle" and "ethic law" that Society or Mass religion are preaching. For this Process involve a continuios questionning of myself and my Belief, Its to set my own Moral code based on my experience and personal discovery

Harmony :
For me being in Harmony, in Balance is one of my Major Goal in Life, so I am always working to Stay Balanced, to Balance the Physical and the Spiritual, the Light (Higher Self) with Darkness (My Primal atavistic Self) to bring opposite to work together to Achieve the most i can.

Magick :

For me Magick is the act of Causing Change in the Inner World and in the Outer World according to my Will, Magick symbolise Power for me, Magick taught me to be Master of my own Life, to not relie my failure on other. but to be the sole responsable of both my succes and my failure. Magick is for me one of the Most Useful Tool to achieve my Goal, both Material and Spiritual.

The Three Principle of Individuality, Freedom and Power :

Individuality :

For me Individuality is something that is most Precious. Something to be Developped and Working. If all the Flower where the same color, this world would be boring, it is Unity in Diversity that in my own opinion make the World a better and Brigther place to Live.

Freedom :
For me Freedom is very Important, Freedom for me mean Responsible to the Responsible, For me Freedom is the Possiblity to Ascend Always Higher and Higher and the Right given to each Human to Follow the Path they want to Follow.

Power :
Power, in this World, Power is the Fuel that make things Happen, Power is what separate the Weak from the Strenght, the Sheep from the Wolf. For me Seeking always more Power and Mastery is Essential.

For me these three Principle should be given to All Human.

So this is some of my Principle.