• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guiding Principles of the LHP

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
We speak often here of the practice of Magic or what some of us call Ritual Magic or Greater Black Magic. I've always found it interesting how different we become during ritual magic, both solo and in group workings. How our actions and posture, without thinking about it, become more precise, more deliberate. How our voices might change during the reciting of an invocation, and our pronounciation of certain words or phrases become more precise and deliberate than they might be during a regular conversation. Some might define this as the magical self or "Ka" coming into being. No matter what you call it, during ritual the Self and the Universe transforms into something different, something much more than it is perceived in every day life. What is the electricity and energy that enfolds you during a ritual working? Could it be a combination between the magical link and the sense of what some of us call the "Powers of Darkness"?

It is also my opinion that the more wordy or elaborate a rite is is a way for Black Magicians to communicate more clearly their commands upon the forces of the Universe of what they desire to come into being. Either way a Greater Black Magical Working is a way for the Black Magician to manifest his/her Will upon the equilibrium of both the SU and the OU.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Kemble

We speak often here of the practice of Magic or what some of us call Ritual Magic or Greater Black Magic. I've always found it interesting how different we become during ritual magic, both solo and in group workings. How our actions and posture, without thinking about it, become more precise, more deliberate. How our voices might change during the reciting of an invocation, and our pronounciation of certain words or phrases become more precise and deliberate than they might be during a regular conversation. Some might define this as the magical self or "Ka" coming into being. No matter what you call it, during ritual the Self and the Universe transforms into something different, something much more than it is perceived in every day life. What is the electricity and energy that enfolds you during a ritual working? Could it be a combination between the magical link and the sense of what some of us call the "Powers of Darkness"?

It is also my opinion that the more wordy or elaborate a rites is is a way for Black Magicians to communicate more clearly their commands upon the forces of the Universe of what they desire to Come Into Being. Either way a Greater Black Magical Working is a way for the Black Magician to manifest his/her Will upon the equilibrium of both the SU and the OU.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Well said! Thanks for bringing things back on topic. :cool:

Last edited:

The Heathen

It is also my opinion that the more wordy or elaborate a rite is a way for Black Magicians to communicate more clearly their commands upon the forces of the Universe of what they desire to come into being.

I experience words differently: too many distract me. I prefer a minimalist approach. More than that tempts me to mistake the experience of words for the experience I use words to create.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ah, excellent point Heathen. I also usually prefer the minimalist approach during solo rites, depending on the intent of the working. It is usually group workings that are more elaborate as everyone in attendance is expected to participate and add their own Magic to the subjective environment being created.

Last edited:

The Heathen

In terms of the principles guiding the physical environment of a ritual working, how do you arrange your environment? I don't have great interior decorating skills, so I stick with three elements: quiet, darkness, and a candle. I don't have a shrine or altar per se. Not sure if one would enhance my experiences. I just use a sturdy wooden desk at the moment, and usually stay seated.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
In terms of the principles guiding the physical environment of a ritual working, how do you arrange your environment? I don't have great interior decorating skills, so I stick with three elements: quiet, darkness, and a candle. I don't have a shrine or altar per se. Not sure if one would enhance my experiences. I just use a sturdy wooden desk at the moment, and usually stay seated.

Use what you have, that's all you need. One of the most powerful solo workings I've done was an outdoor working with the trees surrounding me and a clear night sky as my "ritual chamber". ;)

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

BlackAce

Satanist
The O9A understanding is that it is:
"The amoral and individualistic way. In the LHP there are no rules: there is nothing that is not permitted; nothing that is forbidden or restricted. That is, the LHP means the individual takes sole responsibility for their actions and their quest, and does not abide by the ethics of mundanes. In addition, the LHP is where the individual learns from the practical deeds and practical challenges that are integral to it."​

The contrast is with (a) the 'group/guru/religious' mentality, (b) the moralistic, approach, and (c) the bias toward theory, ideations, and dogma, of the RHP.

This above quote sums up my beliefs that LaVeyan Satanism is not a true left hand path because it has rules, laws and the religion I was raised in says only to do that which benefits me at all times, There is nothing that is forbidden or restricted as long as I am willing to take responsibility if it backfires on me.

This is what I meant by my own thread--True left hand Path--

BlackAce

Satanist
Keep it simple.

Treat others the way you want them to treat you.

Somewhere someone or something will always contradict you.

Black and white don’t exist. Get comfy in the gray zone.

Contradictions make the world go ‘round.

At least one of your more cherished beliefs lacks any evidence whatsoever, but you may never know which one.

You've made mistakes, and you’ll make them again.

No one thinks more highly of you than you do.

Relax.

Don’t take yourself so seriously.

You can change your mind.

Only in England can you drive on the LHP.

The only one I dont agree with is to treat people as I want to be treated.
I certainly do not wish to be lied to, conned, stolen from, manipulated.

Yet I do each of these things on a regular basis to those who are not in my Inner Circle because (drumroll) it benefits me long term :clap

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The only one I dont agree with is to treat people as I want to be treated.

Yet I do each of these things on a regular basis to those who are not in my Inner Circle because (drumroll) it benefits me long term :clap

The way people treat people is always an interesting subject. Generally, it's lies with a healthy dose of deception, butt kissing, put downs, maneuvering, and the like. There are few completely honest people and those that appear that way often are just masters of deception. So should I treat them that way or what? :)

I manipulate every situation in every interest to suit my fancy. I'm not ashamed to admit it... I'll go even further and say I refuse to help anyone for any reason unless I see a value. That value may be stock to be cashed in later, but it must be there or I don't give a damn. I even post here for the most selfish of reasons... mental masturbation. What the people in my life can know is strictly controlled. I present a completely false facade because it suits me. Believe me if it is between you getting a real improvement in your quality of life or survival every friend in your life will do their best to sabotage it if they are in the know. Lurking in the background planting whispers of your failure, etc... Yep, people really do suck. But, being mad at them for doing that is silly. It's the nature of survival... A pre-programmed response to a threat..

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The way people treat people is always an interesting subject. Generally, it's lies with a healthy dose of deception, butt kissing, put downs, maneuvering, and the like.

As a general rule I don't trust people. I have been lied to, stolen from, taken advantage of, basically been screwed so many times by people I thought of as friends. Even my own brother one time inserted his **** in my *** by stealing my identity. It's unfortunate, but, yes generally I consider most people to be untrustworthy. I can say though that there are four people in this world that I do trust - my self, my mother and father, and one other special person who I first met on this very forum. :D However, I do tend to treat people how I would want to be treated, but if you screw me, don't be surprised to (metaphorically) find my fist firmly inserted up your *** one very dark and dismal day.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Kemble

As a general rule I don't trust people. I have been lied to, stolen from, taken advantage of, basically been screwed so many times by people I thought of as friends. Even my own brother one time inserted his **** in my *** by stealing my identity. It's unfortunate, but, yes generally I considered most people to be untrustworthy. I can say though that there are four people in this world that I do trust - my self, my mother and father, and one other special person who I first met on this very forum. :D However, I do tend to treat people how I would want to be treated, but if you screw me, don't be surprised to (metaphorically) find my fist firmly inserted up your *** one very dark and dismal day.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

We--people--have a prominent cognitive tool we always use called the negativity bias; hard to notice by the way. Have you considered that in connection to your ideas of other people?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
From the article "negative bias":

"Negativity bias is the psychological phenomenon by which humans have a greater recall of unpleasant memories compared with positive memories. People are seen to be much more biased to the avoidance of negative experiences. They seem to behave in ways that will help them avoid these events. With this, humans are much more likely to recall and be influenced by the negative experiences of the past."

Well, Kemble, I must say that even though we might be of like mind, I cannot honestly say I "trust" you absolutely unless I actually enteract with you personally, face to face, for a period of time. I know you can understand that. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

The Heathen

The only one I don't agree with is to treat people as I want to be treated.

I should add to my own rules of thumb "It depends." For the behaviors you describe, I tolerate them in myself and others in the market and workaday world, for example. In a romantic relationship (in my Inner Circle), not so much. It depends.

Kenaz

I Am
Bring mindfulness and balance to all facets of my life. Sounds simple, but if actually applied it is a very rich source of work.