• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guided Meditation

A friend of mine has offered me some cds that are guided meditations. I know when I meditate I get bursts of images that are quite random. So she offered them to me and I wasn't for sure how well they work. I hate hearing my own voice, but maybe sometime I'll have to try recording some after I've worked with these.

Purple Thyme

I have actually tried live guided meditation with an instructor. I was a little sceptic if I could do it in a room with 20 other people but it worked for me. The instructor was great and I hope to take another class with her sometime.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
morgainesapphire said:
What are peoples thoughts on guided meditation?
My father was a student with Silva Mind Control when I was fairly young. He had tapes that we listened to when we went to sleep. The one I remember most was setting an internal clock to wake up at a certain time. It worked.

When I was sixteen, I was sent to a treatment center. We had group meditations there. They were usually based on self examination, like going to a house, and finding a shelf of books, and picking a book that is actually about you, you thumb through and randomly pick a page, then we would talk about what part of our life came to mind.

When I perform Reiki, there are mainly three different techniques I will choose from. There is a general movement of energy through the body, there is a more focused work of energy for pains, or injuries, and there is one guided meditation I use to clear the chakras. I have only done this medition for 5 people, but each time, the person has broke down and cried, and I mean 'let it all out' kind of sobbing.

Purple Thyme

When I perform Reiki, there are mainly three different techniques I will choose from. There is a general movement of energy through the body, there is a more focused work of energy for pains, or injuries, and there is one guided meditation I use to clear the chakras. I have only done this medition for 5 people, but each time, the person has broke down and cried, and I mean 'let it all out' kind of sobbing.

Wow I wished I lived near you. That sounds so profound. I've wanted to try Reiki but haven't yet but this is probably another post.:)

:flower2: Yes guided meditation is very good for those just entering beginners as it were, in helping you understand the images or voices you may encounter on your spiritual journey........but once you are settled in and grow in the art of listening to you body and mind guided meditation is no longer needed at lest for me any way.:eek:m:

heskey627

The mind and body are intimately connected in the meditation, and the relationship of the mind to the body in meditation is very interesting.

guided meditation

Venatoris

I find that the sound of another persons voice taints the whole experience for me. If anything, I prefer classical music.