• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guantanamo guard converts to islam

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
this was quite amazing, when i stumbled upon the story.

if only other people could actually have the brains to ask about islam, than to just assume or define it as a result of one mans actions.
it's sad that some humans have a brain and haven't quite mastered it.

ameen

very inspiring story
thanks for this post
i pray that God keep his faith strong, as well as ours

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Alhamdulillah :)
[6:88] This is the Guidance of Allah with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His slaves.

Jazaki ellahu khayrn dear sister for sharing it with us.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

well as the sister has already mentioned

[6:88] This is the Guidance of Allah with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His slaves.

think about it, he's in a prison guarding some "terrorists" and yet instead of judging islam by some mans wrong doing, he asks him about his religion and judges it for what it is, not for what someone makes it look.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

think about it, he's in a prison guarding some "terrorists" and yet instead of judging islam by some mans wrong doing, he asks him about his religion and judges it for what it is, not for what someone makes it look.

I agree that people should not form biases about a religion without learning something of that religion first.

If this man has found his path in Islam, then I feel good for him.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I agree that people should not form biases about a religion without learning something of that religion first.

If this man has found his path in Islam, then I feel good for him.

yes many people make a judgement without any proper knowledge, and thats with everyone.

everyone rushes into believing the first thing that comes their way. so at some stage or another everyone is ignorant of something.

but the truth always prevails over the false, just as the good does over the evil.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
yes many people make a judgement without any proper knowledge, and thats with everyone.

everyone rushes into believing the first thing that comes their way. so at some stage or another everyone is ignorant of something.

but the truth always prevails over the false, just as the good does over the evil.

Yes, I agree.
I also believe that it is very important to use one's intelligence, and to think for one's self instead of believing anything that one is told, as you say. I also believe that a person can be guided by listening to their heart, which is one place that God communicated with us. :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I would have thought any honest and open person working as a guard in Guantanamo would see the injustice of the situation.
Not all would chose to become Muslim, But those that recognize the faith in many of the inmates would certainly question their own faith.
I applaud the courage of this man, in what must have been a difficult decision for him.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

In truth, I respect the guy far more than the quote.