• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Growing up did you like squirt guns?

Viker

Häxan
They were alright. When I was into playing with them we didn't have the huge super soakers yet. Still, kids had fun anyway. We would use water hoses for canons.

The Crimson Universe

In the festival of colors (holi) me and my friends played with water guns as kids. But not anymore. The colors are pretty cheap and doesn't come off easily even if you take multiple showers a day. It would take atleast a few days time to completely wear off. This is one of the reasons i stay indoors nowadays at holi. :=)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nope. I was a cap gun junkie. Awesome time to be a kid.

Squirter guns broke too often.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In the festival of colors (holi) me and my friends played with water guns as kids. But not anymore. The colors are pretty cheap and doesn't come off easily even if you take multiple showers a day. It would take atleast a few days time to completely wear off. This is one of the reasons i stay indoors nowadays at holi. :=)

What ingredients do you think changed that it doesn't come off of stuff now?

I noticed the Holi powder they throw at the temple comes off pretty easy... except from the scalp. It'll come out of our clothes and off our skin, but it'll be stuck to the kids' scalp for a week or two(especially the red).

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Guns are evil. We just played with dolls. Because even pointing sticks at each other meant we would all be mass killers in a few years.

That's my politically correct answer. In reality we shot each other with dart guns, cap guns, sticks and so on... but for water we had a garden hose.

Twilight Hue

Guns are evil. We just played with dolls. Because even pointing sticks at each other meant we would all be mass killers in a few years.

That's my politically correct answer. In reality we shot each other with dart guns, cap guns, sticks and so on... but for water we had a garden hose.
I almost forgot about dart guns!

I like the ones that shot plastic BBs too. The precursor to Airsoft gun wars!

Twilight Hue

I almost forgot about dart guns!

I like the ones that shot plastic BBs too. The precursor to Airsoft gun wars!
BTW I always wanted one of these but never got one.

I got a real BB gun a year later so it evened out. Lol.
No I didn't shoot my eye out.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I had zero interest in anything that resembled a gun, or any other weapon.

I know, how could I possibly even think of myself as a "real boy!" :rolleyes:

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
'Water pistol' was my choice of weapon. I recall the taste of that water acquired by using the gun as a canteen. Problem was reloading when the battle was fought city blocks away from your house. Water balloons were great since there were no nuclear restrictions back then.