• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Growing a beard for religious reasons - why?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Don't be silly. As you can see from my avatar, I can grow a perfectly adequate moustache, but a beard worthy of the name is beyond me.

And the fact is, you are being misled -- mostly by the women around you. About 1 in 14 women have more facial hair than you'd like (or they want). Why on earth do you think there are so many products readily available in drugs stores and TV infomercials?
Obviously not all males are able to grow a full beard. It's heavily dependent on ethnicity, as well. I'm personally more the reverse of you as I can grow a thick beard quickly but my mustache tends to be more sparse. I let it grow, though.

Of course it's common for women to have a few hairs on their face, but to grow the amount of facial hair those women in those pictures have, they have a hormonal problem and PCOS is a very serious condition. They are rare exceptions, and it's not for a good reason.