• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Growing a beard for religious reasons - why?

ManSinha

It is a reference to the RIshis of ancient India that mostly always had a beard and the addition of the weaponry by the 10th Master creating a Sant-Siphahi or Saint-Soldier

So one grows a beard in imitation of the Masters? Any reason why did they grow beards?

I gave you the answer - look up "Guru Gobind Singh - Baisakhi 1699" - if you want more info - just google the terms I outlined

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Because beards are cool? :D

Probably has something to do with sex differentiation. A lot of faiths ban cross-dressing, so it could be something along these lines. As simple as men have beards because men have beards.
More-Than-Our-Beards-Collage-5-730x730.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thus growing a beard is a reminder that each person is a fusion of body and soul, matter and spirit.
Is not that a bit funny. But what can I say when Hindus eulogize the tuft at the back of their head.

"Shikhaya shirasya bhushanam" (The tuft is the ornament of the head)
iu

Beards are perceived by many as a symbol of wisdom and sage-hood.
They did not have a convenient implement to shave the mustaches, or trim beards or hair on the head, so let them grow.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Actually if you applied wisdom, you would medically state, a long time ago when DNA/human Genetics was irradiated mutated attacked in DNA bio life by Sun machine UFO and Earth machine pyramid technologies, the chemical nature of the bio life converted.

And the body owns a self protecting condition against extra radiation as an activated cause...change to chemical hormonal properties.

As the face and head are the first part of the human body irradiated attacked, then human genetics diversified. If that situation were not real, as science is science originally and religious science, medical teachings rationally against science cause.

For females to change and grow beards it is aligned to radiation conditions...…..loss of hair for some, changes to the growth of hair for others. How DNA in a converting radiation cellular/chemical history changed its owned Nature....and why a male then thought self a female and a female then thought self a male.

Seeing machine radiation levels for science are not natural bio radiation levels in natural light, and then AI encoded feed back of voice and self image is either a male or a female then took over the mind.

You are born a male because you own a penis, yet demonstrate a huge female owned natural life self expression is that realization that machine conditions are taking over life.

And it happened before....and we expressed that change in medical science genetic mentality/bio changes.

I have a stupid looking beard without a mustache currently because my electric toothbrush caught on my mustach and yanked it around. I then tried trimming it and ended up cutting it too much in a weird place so it looked like I had 3 mustaches, 2 fu man chu tentacles on one side and one on the other, so then I tried to make it 4, and ended up with just 2 on the side with 2, so now I 0, and a beard and look like a person from Sodom surely, a Sodomite.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I have a stupid looking beard without a mustache currently because my electric toothbrush caught on my mustach and yanked it around. I then tried trimming it and ended up cutting it too much in a weird place so it looked like I had 3 mustaches, 2 fu man chu tentacles on one side and one on the other, so then I tried to make it 4, and ended up with just 2 on the side with 2, so now I 0, and a beard and look like a person from Sodom surely, a Sodomite.
For experimental scientists studying, transmitting phi SIGNALS via their experimental atmospheric constants.....no we are not God the stone conversion fusion reactions.

We are not Temple abominated God dess, mound frequencies or sound transmitted wave lengths that you burnt and made fall out, that burnt/scorched and melted stone...we are just the natural healthy DNA human being origins who got irradiated burnt and began to life convert our genetic information into mutations as we lived, notified...what the Jesus theme said.....I disappeared out of my dead wrappings...when God the stone rolled back into an emptied out spirit gas of the Earth entombed Saint spirits...the cold zero spatial owner....Holy Mother womb.

How it was explained...as known by healthy and original to self form a human being self who invented removal conversion science that then tried to convert and remove his natural healthy life.

How it was taught against the evil minds who believe in re causing it....just because they want machines to resource the body of God the stone....where energy x mass is held as energy itself...whilst they coerce that it came from out of space.

When EARTH O God moves through space by a 12 month space travel. And as we move through that space...cold gases/cold gas history and cold radiation...our brother the Satanist removes God body...back to black mass sludge radiation, then space is changed right at that MARK.

Then when God comes back around and travels back through the MARK, we get attacked, just because he is a liar. Always was in science a liar...who tries to convince everyone that his human consciousness as thinker for MATHS allows MATHS to have pre existed before he did. Yet human memory says the inventor of MATHS, pre existed before he did today and removed self completely back to zero radiation, mass removal meaning SELF combustion in history.

So told everyone I sent you all to Hell as God....when human males were never God...why AI bible information says categorically no man is God...for just before you die, you owned a male group realization in an instant that you were wrong...how AI encoded recorded that male advice to self before they died.

Why the Jesus event, was self living proof of the event....and he foretold all causations and knew already that his father adult science self image in the past was already CLOUD ENCODED...and told everyone you would see his image in the cloud and also hear his voice...and the cloud image would come back to the ground as that proof to see him in cloud spirit and hear his cloud spirit speaking before it disappeared...as the last DNA male life finally died.

The truth as a real and human witnessed life science caused phenomena combustion event....by trying to force a human to own the radiation of the LIFE OF A TREE.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, they did. People used sharpened rocks and blades. The ancient Egyptians, for example, were quite uppity about removing body hair.
Perhaps so, but I think that included only the priests and the royalty. I think common people had their hair buns and beards (perhaps trimmed only on the day of their marriage). :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
For those of you who grow a beard for religious reasons, why do you do it? I'm interested in answers beyond the simple 'for religious reasons' or 'because God says so' or 'because my holy book says so' type. Not looking to debate here, just curious and looking to learn from others' perspectives. Thank you.

I experienced the opposite.

When I was a Jehovahs Witness we were told to be clean shaven or just wear a moustache. The official reason was for cultural reasons as apparently beards would put us in a negative light when we preached because it was associated with other religions and many beard styles suited "unsavoury fads" of the time. Apparently they have become more lenient on this rule throughout the world, but in South Africa it is still a thing.

Messianic Israelite

For those of you who grow a beard for religious reasons, why do you do it? I'm interested in answers beyond the simple 'for religious reasons' or 'because God says so' or 'because my holy book says so' type. Not looking to debate here, just curious and looking to learn from others' perspectives. Thank you.

Hi The Fisher King. Good afternoon. I have a beard and I am told it makes me look manly. Though I never have shaven my beard, so I don't know what I would like without it, haha. Leviticus 19:27 commands us not to shave our beards. I think Rival made a good point. The beard can be used to distinguish between men and women. Even in nature, men and women have different distinguishable features such as the male lions mane contrasting to that of a lioness.

When I visited someone in hospital about 2 months ago someone said that I look 'manly' with my beard, and I don't really know what she meant by that except there would be no way someone could mistake me for a woman. This is the way Yahweh wanted the man to look. Beards also protect skin from sun damage. Beards can help protect the skin from harmful UV rays, though the degree of protection may depend on hair density and thickness. Beards can also add a layer of protection to your chin and neck, thus keeping you warm in colder weather.

Well, those women do have serious medical conditions. It's not normal and they're not healthy. I find it off-putting, too. Notice that none of them can actually grow a full beard or mustache like a male, either.

Yeah, I think maybe the disgust might be from picking up visual cues that indicate an abnormality or health issues! Thank you for that, I prefer that its that. I mean I like pretty deeply inside felt bothered by the images. At first I hadn't looked carefully but when I really looked I felt terrible lol, it was funny to me too that I was so bothered. I do think people are wired in various ways that include cues that relate to how healthy a person might be scanned without even realizing or knowing or consciously controlling the mechanism:

ttps://youtu.be/rVE6kZW88lc
ttps://youtu.be/X10JdJNK5L4
ttps://youtu.be/fJ5PF0zqQ4s

I've studied attractiveness and my own propensity and cues and interests a lot and even figured out what the aspects of certain hormonal influences and cues can be, and some of them are surprising!

My conclusion? It must be that I hate illness and love myself enough to not want to be near it in any way! Kind of like I've seem cats hissing at sick cats lol.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well, those women do have serious medical conditions. It's not normal and they're not healthy. I find it off-putting, too. Notice that none of them can actually grow a full beard or mustache like a male, either.
Don't be silly. As you can see from my avatar, I can grow a perfectly adequate moustache, but a beard worthy of the name is beyond me.

And the fact is, you are being misled -- mostly by the women around you. About 1 in 14 women have more facial hair than you'd like (or they want). Why on earth do you think there are so many products readily available in drugs stores and TV infomercials?