• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groundhogs

Melody

I swear I think the local wildlife has put up signs around my house saying, "maternity ward here". Along with the raccoons, we also have a family of 4 little baby groundhogs living near our deck. I shudder to think what they're doing around the foundation of my house.

Sucker that I am, I told my husband to wait until mid-July because that's after the time when the parent kicks them out of the nest and they're on their own so they'll have a fair chance at survival. If we do it now, they'll probably get eaten by local possums (or raccoons). Then we're going to put up windmills and other things to scare them off the main property and out into the woods and field.

I'm sure my brains must be addled too because I tipped up a wheelbarrow and found a nest of garter snakes under it. I *hate* snakes and yet I quietly put the wheelbarrow back down so as not to disturb the snakes (was too cold out for them).

Ahhhhh....life in the country.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
LOL! You've really had a rough go with the critters.

And I didn't know until reading this that racoons and possum eat groundhogs (barf).

Wishing you and yours all the best with the critters...furry, hairless and slithery...

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I don't remember nuch about groundhogs { been 30 years since I lived back east } but if they are like other Marmots , you could be overan in a couple of years . :)

Don't get too attracted to them . They are cute , but not the smartest critter on the block . :) And other babies have to eat ...