• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grindr and the Catholic Church

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not really a fan of shaming priests for using Grindr or other dating apps per se. They're humans and have human desires, after all, and I believe we should aim to normalize this instead of potentially playing into the hands of homophobes by shaming the priests who use Grindr.

I only have an issue with such priests if they preach celibacy and homophobic beliefs but then use Grindr in secret. That would be hypocritical, and I'd criticize it with the aim of supporting the erosion of the stigma on homosexuality and dating within the Church, not with the aim of shaming the priests back into celibacy, homophobia, and even more harmful preaching.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
....................., not with the aim of shaming the priests back into celibacy, homophobia, and even more harmful preaching.

To me ' harmful preaching' would include ignoring the words found at 1 Timothy 4:3 because it is wrong to forbid marriage to anyone. - 1 Corinthians 7:2,9,36 1 Corinthians 9:5
In other words, it would be wrong to require anyone Not to marry in order to have a position in the congregation.