• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grilling and Cooking Sauces

uberrobonomicon4000

Spring is here and summer is right around the corner so it’s time to fire up the grills and skillets to have some delicious meals!

:grill:

I went to a local sub place yesterday and they had some grilling / cooking sauce on the counter for sell. So I was like what the heck, I’ll take a bottle and try it out. So I threw a few pieces of chicken on the skillet earlier to try out this new sauce and this is one of the best sauces I have tried. Tobago Keys Peruvian Gold Grilling Sauce! I usually like hot, and spicy type of sauces, but this one is sorta sweet and will take your taste buds to the Caribbeans! If anyone else has some good sauces then let me know. I would like to try them out.

apophenia

I assume marinades and masalas qualify as cooking sauces ?

If so -

For cooking diced lamb. A measure of dried coriander, a measure of sumac, a half measure of hot curry powder, freshly chopped jalapeno chilli to personal heat preference, fresh thyme chopped finely, all mixed into olive oil, with a splash of Worcestershire sauce , a splash of soy sauce, a pinch of salt and a generous squeeze of lemon.

Marinate the diced lamb in this mix for 30 minutes or so, then fry it at a medium heat for about 2 minutes (until center of lamb is rare but cooked). Let it rest. Enjoy .

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
One third sweet, (molasses, maple syrup, apricot jam, orange marmalade, thawed frozen concentrated limeade, etc,) one third sour, (vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, margarita mix, wine, or whatever) one third other (coarse ground mustard, tomato sauce, mango puree, salsa, or whatever) is a good springboard to start from.

apophenia

Thanks apophenia, and crossfire.

I like lamb. I will have to try some of these with lamb instead of chicken next time.

You're welcome. I suggest that you buy quality lamb loin chops and remove the fat and bone, then dice the meat into small pieces. It's the tastiest cut.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Franks hotsauce butter salt and pepper chili powder honey and a dash or two of celery salt.

Great chicken sauce for grill or wings.