• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings

Kartari

Hi there.

Kartari isn't my real name, but it represents the standard I aspire to emulate. Within the Tibetan traditions of Buddhism, this vajra-handled curved blade is said to be composed of the strongest substance known to exist. It is symbolic of deeply cutting through all falsehoods, down to the core of the truth. This blade of ultimate power is also simultaneously associated with the strongest power of all: compassion, for all sentient beings.

I'm a jack of several trades, one of which is the pursuit of my Ph.D. in the history of Buddhism. Naturally, you will find me posting about my favorite religion in the world. But as an American with a strong skeptical leaning and a vested interest in understanding and combating religiously-inspired political and social injustices, I've also long enjoyed discussing and debating Western religious and political topics online since the late 1990's. With my usual site closing down soon, I thought I'd check out this neat looking place in search of more intelligent minds to banter with. And it looks like a few of my fellow (soon to be ex-)BNet posters have preceded me here already. :)

Well, that's enough pretentious self-talk for one lifetime. I'm looking forward to future discussions with you. :)

Peace.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
"Revoltingest" isn't my real name either, but I aspire to it.

Now, let's all enjoy some....
th

Note:
No rabbits were killed in making this feast.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hi Kartari.
Glad you joined us.
I'm not really "The Columbus" either. I liked the image of an intrepid explorer, with an aftertaste of political incorrectness:)
Tom

Kartari

Haha. I might be too new to these boards to say this, so please take this in friendliness... while Smart Guy might not be your name, there do seem to be a few here I'd call Smart A__. :D ;)

Thanks for the further welcoming and, Dawud, thanks for that link. I'd heard about Jesus visiting India before, and that site looks like a more serious take on the idea.

Last edited:

JaiKaliMaa

Maha Kali Devotee
Well hello there my fellow Dharmic brother! I'm quite new as well, but this website is filled with a great community. You'll fit in fine.