• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings to all

ExVasterist

Ex-Member of RF (I'm a Ghost)
Hello, I am ExVasterist,
I'll be as honest as I can about myself, and this is entirely based on my one-sided opinion, so not actual fact.
I'm a decent guy, I'm 33 (34 in 2018), 6'2", 170 lbs (I was a lot less a while ago, 140), white skin, American with Sioux blood in me (no, I haven't contacted my tribe yet, personally no idea where to start on that), brown messy hair (I gave up a while ago with the comb cause my hair never cooperates), green or blue eyes (I honestly can't tell cause in the day they are blue whereas at night they are green), and I'm an Ex-Catholic who thought he was Christian then deluded himself into believing he was Atheist but ended up being agnostic.

My beliefs are on the fence or in the middle between Atheist & Believer. I was raised Catholic since birth and my faith shattered to dust when I was 15. Since then I've been looking for God, but sadly no luck.
My belief is to be neutral til it can actually be proven false or true, when I see people say God does exist or God doesn't exist, I ask them how they know for sure - my perspective is that neither can prove or disprove God, especially since it is Science which relies on physical evidence vs Belief which relies on supernatural evidence, both of which conflict with each other like Chaos vs Order.

Many have told me that God always speaks to us but through other servants instead of directly. Personally that is not enough for me. A feeling is not enough for me to REALLY believe.
People say that I should just trust God because. Personally I can't do that anymore than someone can trust a total stranger to have their back regardless of how little they know each other. I need actual communication, I say something, the other person responds, a feeling doesn't do anything for me to trust someone.

I believe ghosts exist cause I've seen & felt ghosts, not physically like touching a rock but by feeling a temperature difference as well as positive & negative feelings (like joy or disgust) by just merely being around them.
I believe that reincarnation is possible, do I have proof? Not really, I have only other people's accounts like those kids that told their parents they were someone else & the parents (some of them) did research & found people that had died not long before their kid was born and shared the names & the details of how they died that match their kids' descriptions.
I also believe that if it exists & god made everything, then NOTHING is an abomination. And if God truly does have infinite love, kindness, and mercy, then hate or disgust shouldn't part of him (Same Sex Marriage being one - I have a really hard time seeing how two men/women loving each other intimately is considered "evil" especially since Animals in the wild also can be gay too).

Lastly, I am the kind of person that expects to be treated with the same respect & courtesy that others expect for themselves, and if I am treated like trash, expect me to respond in kind.

Also, before I make any threads or reply to any threads, is cursing allowed? I need to know if I have to filter myself or if I can be core honest - Some forums allow cursing, others do not, so no its not a dumb question.

Anyways, hopefully I'll integrate well with all of you and if I can be convinced about God & have my faith restored, then that is a plus.
ego spero vos habet bonum dies

Euronymous

SSilence
Welcome, man.

Oh, and here's the rule on profanity; it's rule number 5:

bandicam 2018-02-13 01-31-01-054.jpg

RF Rules

Last edited:

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
Welcome, there's great diversity here and lots of opportunities to challenge yourself and learn. I've enjoyed my time here so far :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, I am ExVasterist,
I'll be as honest as I can about myself, and this is entirely based on my one-sided opinion, so not actual fact.
I'm a decent guy, I'm 33 (34 in 2018), 6'2", 170 lbs (I was a lot less a while ago, 140), white skin, American with Sioux blood in me (no, I haven't contacted my tribe yet, personally no idea where to start on that), brown messy hair (I gave up a while ago with the comb cause my hair never cooperates), green or blue eyes (I honestly can't tell cause in the day they are blue whereas at night they are green), and I'm an Ex-Catholic who thought he was Christian then deluded himself into believing he was Atheist but ended up being agnostic.

My beliefs are on the fence or in the middle between Atheist & Believer. I was raised Catholic since birth and my faith shattered to dust when I was 15. Since then I've been looking for God, but sadly no luck.
My belief is to be neutral til it can actually be proven false or true, when I see people say God does exist or God doesn't exist, I ask them how they know for sure - my perspective is that neither can prove or disprove God, especially since it is Science which relies on physical evidence vs Belief which relies on supernatural evidence, both of which conflict with each other like Chaos vs Order.

Many have told me that God always speaks to us but through other servants instead of directly. Personally that is not enough for me. A feeling is not enough for me to REALLY believe.
People say that I should just trust God because. Personally I can't do that anymore than someone can trust a total stranger to have their back regardless of how little they know each other. I need actual communication, I say something, the other person responds, a feeling doesn't do anything for me to trust someone.

I believe ghosts exist cause I've seen & felt ghosts, not physically like touching a rock but by feeling a temperature difference as well as positive & negative feelings (like joy or disgust) by just merely being around them.
I believe that reincarnation is possible, do I have proof? Not really, I have only other people's accounts like those kids that told their parents they were someone else & the parents (some of them) did research & found people that had died not long before their kid was born and shared the names & the details of how they died that match their kids' descriptions.
I also believe that if it exists & god made everything, then NOTHING is an abomination. And if God truly does have infinite love, kindness, and mercy, then hate or disgust shouldn't part of him (Same Sex Marriage being one - I have a really hard time seeing how two men/women loving each other intimately is considered "evil" especially since Animals in the wild also can be gay too).

Lastly, I am the kind of person that expects to be treated with the same respect & courtesy that others expect for themselves, and if I am treated like trash, expect me to respond in kind.

Also, before I make any threads or reply to any threads, is cursing allowed? I need to know if I have to filter myself or if I can be core honest - Some forums allow cursing, others do not, so no its not a dumb question.

Anyways, hopefully I'll integrate well with all of you and if I can be convinced about God & have my faith restored, then that is a plus.
ego spero vos habet bonum dies
Welcome to the forum. :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome ExVasterist! :D
Eros Room? I looked around the forum and couldn't find it. Is it hidden to normal members or is it just not displayed on the Forum Index?
Its hidden from members who haven't joined the room. Make a thread requesting to join. :)

ExVasterist

Welcome ExVasterist! :D

Its hidden from members who haven't joined the room. Make a thread requesting to join. :)

Ok, where? I doubt that the RF staff would be happy if I posted willy nilly all across the forum in every sub forum. Honestly this should be an option to select in edit profile (Yes/No to Join Eros Room).

ExVasterist

Actually this is the original:
https://i.imgur.com/N0hq07b.jpg
Mine was edited using MS Paint, the symbols are Eldritch Futhark (If you go from where the 1 would be to the 12 clockwise, its spells "Necromancers") and the symbol in the center is my personal sigil (saw it in my last nightmare, seriously have not had a single nightmare since I first saw it & I have no idea what it means).

Euronymous

SSilence
Actually this is the original:
https://i.imgur.com/N0hq07b.jpg
Mine was edited using MS Paint, the symbols are Eldritch Futhark (If you go from where the 1 would be to the 12 clockwise, its spells "Necromancers") and the symbol in the center is my personal sigil (saw it in my last nightmare, seriously have not had a single nightmare since I first saw it & I have no idea what it means).

Hmmmm... Interesting... Also, whoever did that edit did a pretty good job, and I'm not even being sarcastic.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Good to have you... Hope you find the way.

My wife was Catholic and I attended with her for 8 years. We opted for the Evagelical approach and our lives changed and our faith grew.