• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from the United States :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello Everyone!
I am eager to read and learn so many different opinions in one place. I think it's great this site exists and look forward to being apart of it.

A little about me....

My name is Mikail (Mike)
Currently living in Savannah, GA
I have a bachelors degree that I don't use at all, typical..
Huge fan of sports, I play, watch, and coach.

I was born into a Christian family then as I became a teen I went away from the Church and considered myself Atheist. I was a facts guy and stayed confused. I have found my peace in Islam. I am able to believe in God, science, meditation, and many other blessings. It was kinda the best of all worlds for me. I rejected Islam for over a year before I fully accepted it. mashallah

I believe that God created the universe through the big bang. I believe that it's important to meditate, clearing one's mind is a purifying process that brings peace and closer to God. I can see the unity in all things. mashallah. I am a unique Muslim that has an open mind and I live the best I can.

Thanks if you took the time to read! :)

Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the forum.

G'Day from another Aussie....

Just wondering....are they your books?
128fs318181.gif
Or did you borrow someone else's knowledge?
129fs238648.gif

I think I like you already anyway....welcome!
4xvim2p.gif

I am curious about your shift in religions too. Look forward to chatting.

lol good question!
They are actually my books I have read so I will keep a little credit.

US media has taught us to associate terrorism with muslims. Obama differentiated it to extremism while Trump simply blames all Muslims. Honestly, when terrorism is presented to me, i think of extremism. Its actually very rare that any terrorism in the US is done by muslims.

It used to be Russians, and Communist as the target bad guy of America... right now its Islam.
Time will pass and someone else will get to wear the hat.
Sure there are extremist, but in every religion. Did everyone forget about Hitler?
He was horrible but I don't blame his false interpretation of the Bible to other Christians.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
sed to be Russians, and Communist as the target bad guy of America... right now its Islam.
Sadly, this is very true.
Nearly 20 years ago I made a point of learning about Muslims by getting to know actual Muslims, not just reading English language books written in the 90s.
I came to really like them, as a group, and learned much about my own country and it's history with the Muslim world. It was disheartening to get an Iranian understanding of USA relations with Iran. And that's just one example.
Those Muslims also accurately predicted the outcome of the invasion of Iraq. From the chaos of the failed state to the rise of ISIS.
Tom

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It is peace.

I think that a parsimonious reading of foundational Islamic texts should lead one to conclude that Islam will be peaceful ONLY once everyone has been converted, but not peaceful until that happens (if ever).

Now many Muslims have told me that I'm not interpreting the scripture correctly, but the reason that I disagree with that argument is that the Quran describes itself to be clear and easy to understand.

Maybe you start to see why I find the basic claims of Islam to be concerning?

I think that a parsimonious reading of foundational Islamic texts should lead one to conclude that Islam will be peaceful ONLY once everyone has been converted, but not peaceful until that happens (if ever).

Now many Muslims have told me that I'm not interpreting the scripture correctly, but the reason that I disagree with that argument is that the Quran describes itself to be clear and easy to understand.

Maybe you start to see why I find the basic claims of Islam to be concerning?

lol

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hello Everyone!
I am eager to read and learn so many different opinions in one place. I think it's great this site exists and look forward to being apart of it.

A little about me....

My name is Mikail (Mike)
Currently living in Savannah, GA
I have a bachelors degree that I don't use at all, typical..
Huge fan of sports, I play, watch, and coach.

I was born into a Christian family then as I became a teen I went away from the Church and considered myself Atheist. I was a facts guy and stayed confused. I have found my peace in Islam. I am able to believe in God, science, meditation, and many other blessings. It was kinda the best of all worlds for me. I rejected Islam for over a year before I fully accepted it. mashallah

I believe that God created the universe through the big bang. I believe that it's important to meditate, clearing one's mind is a purifying process that brings peace and closer to God. I can see the unity in all things. mashallah. I am a unique Muslim that has an open mind and I live the best I can.

Thanks if you took the time to read! :)
Peace be on you. Welcome.