• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from the United States :)

Hello Everyone!
I am eager to read and learn so many different opinions in one place. I think it's great this site exists and look forward to being apart of it.

A little about me....

My name is Mikail (Mike)
Currently living in Savannah, GA
I have a bachelors degree that I don't use at all, typical..
Huge fan of sports, I play, watch, and coach.

I was born into a Christian family then as I became a teen I went away from the Church and considered myself Atheist. I was a facts guy and stayed confused. I have found my peace in Islam. I am able to believe in God, science, meditation, and many other blessings. It was kinda the best of all worlds for me. I rejected Islam for over a year before I fully accepted it. mashallah

I believe that God created the universe through the big bang. I believe that it's important to meditate, clearing one's mind is a purifying process that brings peace and closer to God. I can see the unity in all things. mashallah. I am a unique Muslim that has an open mind and I live the best I can.

Thanks if you took the time to read! :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Shalom alechem and welcome; I hope you enjoy your time here.

Aldrnari

Welcome! Sounds like you've found a good path for yourself. :)

How has your family handled your leaving of Christianity then joining Islam, if you don't mind my asking.

suncowiam

Greetings from USA!

USA! USA! USA! Wait, you're a Muslim that left Christianity?

Dude, I don't care. Just pay your taxes.

Lunarious

The taxes goes to Allah. Muslims don't work but have to pay fifth to the mosque. The mosque government and church use these money accordingly. Not everything is visible. A muslim don't have to pay fifth if he has little money, for example for paying taxes.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hello Everyone!
I am eager to read and learn so many different opinions in one place. I think it's great this site exists and look forward to being apart of it.

A little about me....

My name is Mikail (Mike)
Currently living in Savannah, GA
I have a bachelors degree that I don't use at all, typical..
Huge fan of sports, I play, watch, and coach.

I was born into a Christian family then as I became a teen I went away from the Church and considered myself Atheist. I was a facts guy and stayed confused. I have found my peace in Islam. I am able to believe in God, science, meditation, and many other blessings. It was kinda the best of all worlds for me. I rejected Islam for over a year before I fully accepted it. mashallah

I believe that God created the universe through the big bang. I believe that it's important to meditate, clearing one's mind is a purifying process that brings peace and closer to God. I can see the unity in all things. mashallah. I am a unique Muslim that has an open mind and I live the best I can.

Thanks if you took the time to read! :)

I took the time...welcome!

I'm glad you have an open mind, i.e., open to new ideas. As long as you have a caring interest in others, you will do well, and succeed.

What made you leave a professed Christian faith, then eventually become a professed Muslim? I'm curious as to what caused the transition.

Do not think, under any circumstances, that God wants you to take another human life! Anyone who thinks that they'll receive Divine rewards for killing others, doesn't know the true God!

suncowiam

I'm glad you have an open mind, i.e., open to new ideas. As long as you have a caring interest in others, you will do well, and succeed.

What made you leave a professed Christian faith, then eventually become a professed Muslim? I'm curious as to what caused the transition.

Do not think, under any circumstances, that God wants you to take another human life! Anyone who thinks that they'll receive Divine rewards for killing others, doesn't know the true God!

Do you go tell Christians the same thing about not taking another human life?

I mean I agree with you but was that really necessary? Kind of weird that you chose to tell him such things? Was there anything about his story that you felt needed to necessitate such a specific advice? Just curious?

I guess the main thing that made me revert to Islam is simply the way it made me feel. I was so empty and now I am sooo happy.
..and no of course I don't think there is ANY reward for killing. No lives are meant to be taken.

I mean I agree with you but was that really necessary? Kind of weird that you chose to tell him such things? Was there anything about his story that you felt needed to necessitate such a specific advice? Just curious?

Thank you for the kind words. I'm a Muslim.. I am used to those comments, unfortunately.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
At some point we have to kill.

Justice does indeed have that as a penalty. With that penalty, we have been given the choice also of showing compassion.

It is preferable we do not kill and choose ones own death, over taking the life of another.

Regards Tony

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

I know, I thought about it sounding "kind of weird,". And you're right, that applies to Christians, too. (The Christian religion I belong to, avoids all conflict, even government-sponsored.)

But tell me....when you think of terrorism, what religion comes to mind? At least where the leaders promise their followers that they'll get rewards for it? Not even Christendom promises that. Notice, I did put in the proviso, "professed".

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I guess the main thing that made me revert to Islam is simply the way it made me feel. I was so empty and now I am sooo happy.
..and no of course I don't think there is ANY reward for killing. No lives are meant to be taken.
Great! Best wishes to you, my cousin!