• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from the insane asylum

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I went panhandling while my brain was frying and held up a sign that said "I'm mentally retarded could you spare some change."

My caseworker decided I had gone too far and needed to check into a crisis residence or a state hospital.

I chose the former. they actually let us keep our cell phones and we don't have to walk around in hospital scrubs.

I'm skating on thin ice and need to stay sober at all costs. I know what needs to be done and can do it. I just really wanted to see what it's like to Panhandle while under the influence.

Anyhow, I've been sober for two days now. That's better than nothing. Just taking it one day at a time. In the last year I've been sober 99% of the time roughly. That is proof that I can accomplish this mission.

Adios amigos!

Reactions: Jos

Earthling

David Henson
Well . . . otherwise how did the panhandling while your brain was fried go? I mean, did you make much?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well . . . otherwise how did the panhandling while your brain was fried go? I mean, did you make much?
No, but part of that was I chose the wrong location. I was also too high to know what I was doing and am sure everybody could tell I wanted money for drugs.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Hope your sober journey leads to the light. Hope you become alternately skilled to deal with your difficulties.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
No, but part of that was I chose the wrong location. I was also too high to know what I was doing and am sure everybody could tell I wanted money for drugs.

"Mentally retarded" is considered offensive language by social justice warriors. Your sign to them would have been better written as "I'm mentally disabled...." ..... Believe you me I know how much trouble there can be by the use of terminology which social justice warriors find objectionable.

Anyways, best of luck to you; and for God's sake...remember that social sensitivity will get you way more sympathy.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Substance abuse and mental illness often go hand in hand for obvious reasons. People who are not well seek medication to ease their suffering....even for a little while. But the consequences are usually regretted later.

Stay away from people who tempt you back to that familiar world of trouble....and recognize when you stop caring about going there again. Its a baited trap.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and stand on your feet again...you only fail when you stop trying.

RF is behind you PaD....willing you to gain the victory.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Good luck and good job on being sober for 2 days...Just take it one day at a time like you said.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I went panhandling while my brain was frying and held up a sign that said "I'm mentally retarded could you spare some change."

My caseworker decided I had gone too far and needed to check into a crisis residence or a state hospital.

I chose the former. they actually let us keep our cell phones and we don't have to walk around in hospital scrubs.

I'm skating on thin ice and need to stay sober at all costs. I know what needs to be done and can do it. I just really wanted to see what it's like to Panhandle while under the influence.

Anyhow, I've been sober for two days now. That's better than nothing. Just taking it one day at a time. In the last year I've been sober 99% of the time roughly. That is proof that I can accomplish this mission.

Adios amigos!

It's interesting that they let you keep your phone. My former employee (now friend) had to surrender hers for six weeks when she checked into treatment.

Anyway, I wish you the best, Matt, and hope you find the strength and support to stay sober.

Dave Watchman

I just really wanted to see what it's like to Panhandle while under the influence.

I wonder why? Why under the influence? I usually do a better job at anything while NOT being under the influence. Especially while i'm using a table saw, or outdoor power equipment.

Do you remember that post you did about the guy from Scotland who smeared peanut butter on his dick and his dog bit his genitals off? I wonder sometimes if that guy was under the influence at the time.

In that case, i'm sure you can do it again. Just do it. You're a smart guy, round eye. Your posts are the only reason to stay signed up to this forum. I miss all those funny RopeAPope questions you used to ask.

Adios amigos!

Vaya con Dios!

May God be with you.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your posts are the only reason to stay signed up to this forum.
Thank you, that's the nicest thing I've heard in a long time.

The reason panhandling is easier while Under the Influence, is it can be very embarrassing holding a sign in front of lots of passers-by.

when under the Influence, I don't care what anybody thinks, and I even like to get beat up physically and verbally while high.[/QUOTE]

Dave Watchman

Thank you, that's the nicest thing I've heard in a long time.

You're welcome Pope.

The reason panhandling is easier while Under the Influence, is it can be very embarrassing holding a sign in front of lots of passers-by.

when under the Influence, I don't care what anybody thinks, and I even like to get beat up physically and verbally while high.

I stopped caring what people think of me when i was in my 20's.

I give money to the panhandlers who stand on the center median at the left hand turn lane. They hold up various signs. I keep the bills ready in my visor. And i know it's hard to stand out on the street. It might be cold, or hot, or rainy and loud.

I think that you are too smart for this behavior. You have got to put you're thinking cap on and think of something.

But life happens. I'm getting sued for a million bucks over here.

I might be out there with you soon.

Maybe we can turn it all around with Gofundme accounts.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Adios amigos!

LOL... " I'm mentally retarded"... You say the funniest stuff, pope..

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're welcome Pope.

I stopped caring what people think of me when i was in my 20's.

I give money to the panhandlers who stand on the center median at the left hand turn lane. They hold up various signs. I keep the bills ready in my visor. And i know it's hard to stand out on the street. It might be cold, or hot, or rainy and loud.

I think that you are too smart for this behavior. You have got to put you're thinking cap on and think of something.

But life happens. I'm getting sued for a million bucks over here.

I might be out there with you soon.

Maybe we can turn it all around with Gofundme accounts.
Who would sue you for millions of dollars? Are you a millionaire?