• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings From An Atheist.

disobey

*Banned*
I find that my being an Atheist rubs the religious the wrong way. But I am no slave. I will think whatever way I want. If anybody tries to tell me I should believe in a certain way, I will disobey! Also, there are 13 countries around the world where being an Atheist will get you a death sentence.
All of them are muslim countries. Somebody whom I admire, Vlad the Impaler, knew how to treat muslims.

Vlad the Hero.jpg

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste. :praying: Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the community.

I find that my being an Atheist rubs the religious the wrong way.
Not all of them. Some of my favorite people here are atheists.

But I am no slave. I will think whatever way I want.
Good for you! So will I.

Quick question: Why is 'atheist' capitalized in your post?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I find that my being an Atheist rubs the religious the wrong way. But I am no slave. I will think whatever way I want. If anybody tries to tell me I should believe in a certain way, I will disobey! Also, there are 13 countries around the world where being an Atheist will get you a death sentence.
All of them are muslim countries. Somebody whom I admire, Vlad the Impaler, knew how to treat muslims.

View attachment 92531
A slightly hestitant welcome to Religious Forums from another lifelong atheist. My hesitation comes from admiring someone who made a habit of brutally killing those who believed other than he did -- I cannot condone wanting to kill (much less in agonizing pain) anyone, no matter what their beliefs.

disobey

*Banned*
Namaste. :praying: Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the community.

Not all of them. Some of my favorite people here are atheists.

Good for you! So will I.

Quick question: Why is 'atheist' capitalized in your post?

Thanks. You also ask why I capitalized the word "atheist." Well I'm pretty sure that is the way it is meant to be written. Just as if you wrote the word "christian." I'm pretty sure the proper way to write that is with a capitalized "C".

disobey

*Banned*
A slightly hestitant welcome to Religious Forums from another lifelong atheist. My hesitation comes from admiring someone who made a habit of brutally killing those who believed other than he did -- I cannot condone wanting to kill (much less in agonizing pain) anyone, no matter what their beliefs.

When it is somebody's belief to kill you for what you believe, then killing them for the same reason becomes a duty.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. You also ask why I capitalized the word "atheist." Well I'm pretty sure that is the way it is meant to be written. Just as if you wrote the word "christian." I'm pretty sure the proper way to write that is with a capitalized "C".
Yes, but the difference is that atheism is a theistic position regarding the lack of belief in existence of gods and is not a proper noun. Christianity is a name of a religion, and is a proper noun.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
When it is somebody's belief to kill you for what you believe, then killing them for the same reason becomes a duty.
But Muslims do not believe in killing those who do not believe as they do.

Welcome. I hope you find the opportunity to learn and enjoy our vastly diverse community.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Vlad wasn't killing Muslims out of bigotry. He has defending his country from being conquered by the Ottomans. He's a national hero in Romania. The OP was just a hateful bigot, though.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

View attachment 92531
WELCOME!

And you don’t rub me the wrong way. :D As per my signature, Jesus loves you just the same.

There are easily 50 countries where Christians can loose their lives and I admire all of them.

Hope you have a great experience here!

breakout

*Banned*

View attachment 92531

SalixIncendium, Evangelicalhumanist, Spice, Saint Frankenstein, King Phenomenon and Kenny. I would have liked to have replied to you all. But apparently christians don't believe in freedom of speech. Because as you can see, disobey was banned for being a "troll." Well you all read the thread. What is troll like about it. I wonder if it was a mod that banned disobey, or if one of the people who replied reported disobey to complain.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Tepes was a devout Catholic whom had many infidels executed. Infidel is an old word for atheist or anyone with improper beliefs or religion, including myself (if I were so unfortunate to have lived in old Wallachia)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, being an atheist is OK, but praising someone who may have indulged in bigotry is not OK. But as Saint said Vlad was trying to save his country from foreign attack. Muslim countries too are trying to soften the rules. Look at Saudi Arabia.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Vlad wasn't killing Muslims out of bigotry. He has defending his country from being conquered by the Ottomans. He's a national hero in Romania. The OP was just a hateful bigot, though.
There's killing for a reason, and there's killing for entertainment or some other -- perhaps more insidious -- purpose. Vlad really liked impalement, so let's think about that for a moment, while contemplating his "heroism."

The way it's done, you see, is to annoint a sharpened wooden stick with some grease to make it slippery. Then you would insert the stick up the victims rectum, while they’re lying horizontally on the ground. You make a real effort to avoid the major organs in order to avoid the victim's quick death, because where's the fun in that?

The stick would come out through their chest or back, or perhaps their should next to the neck, so that they resemble a kebab. Then implant the stick in the ground to make the victim stand vertically, with gravity causing their body to slowly slide lower on the upraised stick. Ideally they'll die in a few days, because if they die too quickly, then you’ve failed, and you have to try again with another victim to perfect the true art of impalement.

(I am horrified to have to admit that, before the internet was really policing these things better, I saw just such an execution by Muslim's of one of their own who they considered a heretic. I still find it difficult whenever my mind recalls what I witnessed. It is very, very real to me.)

Last edited: