• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings and Salutations

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Theological study is a hobby of mine, so an Google search of religious forums brought me here. A bit about me...

Though I am fascinated by theology, I myself am not religious and am not a fan of organized religion, primarily due to the history of religions separating people and the fact that many have killed in the name of religion. I do, however, consider myself to be spiritual.

As far as my spirituality is concerned, I suppose pantheism would be the label that best describes it at this juncture. Here is a Cliff Notes version of my spiritual journey: I was raised Catholic but being a free thinker and asking the clergy questions they couldn't answer satisfactorily, my beliefs moved to agnosticism. I discovered neo-paganism in the form of Wicca and even though I was a practitioner for years, I encountered much of the same dogma that turned me off on Catholicism. I therefore moved to a more generic neo-pagan spirituality with a smattering of Theosophy. The incorporation of scientific study resulted in further evolution of my path and I found myself move from viewing divinity as transcendent to viewing divinity as immanent. I try to steer away from labeling my spirituality, as I have found this limiting in the development of my spirituality.

My purpose to joining this forum is to continue learning about different religions and to continue to evolve my path and have a greater understanding of...well...everything.

So hello to all and I look forward to our future interaction.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Theological study is a hobby of mine, so an Google search of religious forums brought me here. A bit about me...

Though I am fascinated by theology, I myself am not religious and am not a fan of organized religion, primarily due to the history of religions separating people and the fact that many have killed in the name of religion. I do, however, consider myself to be spiritual.

As far as my spirituality is concerned, I suppose pantheism would be the label that best describes it at this juncture. Here is a Cliff Notes version of my spiritual journey: I was raised Catholic but being a free thinker and asking the clergy questions they couldn't answer satisfactorily, my beliefs moved to agnosticism. I discovered neo-paganism in the form of Wicca and even though I was a practitioner for years, I encountered much of the same dogma that turned me off on Catholicism. I therefore moved to a more generic neo-pagan spirituality with a smattering of Theosophy. The incorporation of scientific study resulted in further evolution of my path and I found myself move from viewing divinity as transcendent to viewing divinity as immanent. I try to steer away from labeling my spirituality, as I have found this limiting in the development of my spirituality.

My purpose to joining this forum is to continue learning about different religions and to continue to evolve my path and have a greater understanding of...well...everything.

So hello to all and I look forward to our future interaction.

I can relate to that totally.
Except that years later I started having visions that were suspiciously Christian.
I still retain much of my pan-theist origins, and I see True Christianity as being something
quite different to what goes on in Church. Not that I'm preaching. Just relating.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I can relate to that totally.
Except that years later I started having visions that were suspiciously Christian.
I still retain much of my pan-theist origins, and I see True Christianity as being something
quite different to what goes on in Church. Not that I'm preaching. Just relating.

I'd be interested in learning more about your views on True Christianity. Do you perhaps have a link to a thread where this may have been previously discussed?

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I'd be interested in learning more about your views on True Christianity. Do you perhaps have a link to a thread where this may have been previously discussed?

Here is a link to something I wrote:
Dream

Beyond that, I differ from most 'Christians' in that I accept reincarnation;
and make every attempt to bridge the gap between science and religion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello! I identify as a Christian, but I do not agree with most of Christianity.
I think I am most like Abraham and Sarah.

I consider that all religions have some truth, but there isn't one which is mostly true.

My background is Jehovah's Witness, but I was not raised as one. I got reached by them
via the door to door work, studied for some years, quit smoking, got baptized and performed
like they say I should for a lot of years.

I suspected that the Watchtower was not "the truth", as they say, for some years before I left them.
I finally left them for good when at an elder's meeting I heard from an elder that JWs are to be putting their trust in the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and I know from my Bible study that it is wrong to do that. Psalms 146:3

I see that you do Tarot. Because of that, you might not be contacted by any JWs on the forum
because they seem to believe that certain other ways are able to take them away from Jehovah.
But, of course.........Romans 8:35-39

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Today we're having an unusual dinner.
Join us for an all chocolate feast....
Chocolate_Festival_at_Nordiska_Museet11.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Greetings!

Today we're having an unusual dinner.
Join us for an all chocolate feast....
Chocolate_Festival_at_Nordiska_Museet11.jpg

As much as I have dedicated my livelyhood to chocolate, I've been warned about you...lol

Though admittedly I'm excited to see a fellow libertarian on the forum.