• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Green Electricity Storage Concept

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, that was in the era of domestic coal fires. Now almost everyone has natural gas (methane) heating, which produces hardly any pollution, apart from the inevitable CO2. So we have made huge strides since the 1950s. Those pea-souper fogs could take decades off people's lives, rather than a year. But then almost everyone smoked cigarettes in those days too - and a lot died early of lung cancer or chronic respiratory diseases brought on by it. Basically smoke and exhaust from burning, of any kind, is not great.

It gets better each year. Modern vehicles have for some time been fitted with particulate traps as well as exhaust catalytic converters. But I still find the glass-topped table in my garden in S London gets filthy. Leave it a couple of days in summer and, when you wipe it, the cloth picks up streaks of black. I'm breathing that every day. But in the family house in rural Brittany, the outside table stays completely clean - apart from bird s***.

Once we have converted road transport to electricity, the next thing will be tyre and brake pad dust: Pollution warning over car tyre and brake dust

So it's a never ending process.
Some advice....
The rules evolve.
Acceptable: Bird ****
Unacceptable: Replacing asterisk with a letter.

The asterisk-only appearance is what the automatic censor function does.
Anything else is treated as an attempt to circumvent censorship.
So I've been informed by staff.

Now, go forth, & sin no more.

Last edited: