• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greek Paganism now legally recognised in Greece!!

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Roman Catholicism is part Pagan religion. There are practices from the Romans and native to the Romans (aka Roman Paganism) are part of Christian interpretation of Judaism via the apostles and the popes after.

To have a deceased or take out Paganism entirely, is basically taking out the Roman teachings of Catholicism among other things.

Why would you be sadden about someone having a freedom of religion when you are all for it?
Do you mean Greek Orthodox? Not too many roman catholics in Athens. Older Greek folks still call Roman Catholics "Franks".;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you mean Greek Orthodox? Not too many roman catholics in Athens. Older Greek folks still call Roman Catholics "Franks".;)

Nope. European Roman Paganism. The stuff that got put in before Constantine made Christianity the head religion.

I don't know if there are Roman Pagans on this board, is there?

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Nope. European Roman Paganism. The stuff that got put in before Constantine made Christianity the head religion.

I don't know if there are Roman Pagans on this board, is there?
Well... no, then. Neither the Roman Gods nor the Vatican ever had much sway over Greece.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Okay, so, if Athena is imaginary god, then what is wrong with those people who worship imaginary gods? If Athena is real then how exactly can Athena help one? If there are multiple gods, then would they be like clubs in a league? If so, who are the creators of those clubs? And, who is the president of the league?

Question begging.

Assumes in the premises properties of gods, like helping people or being a president.

And since Athena is as plausible as Allah, it is not clear what you mean with them being imaginary.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Uh oh, sign of the times. The Bible says God won't tolerate that any more. The end is near.

You have been saying that for 2000 years.

What do you think of copimism? It has been also officially recognized as a religion in my country.

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You have been saying that for 2000 years.

What do you think of copimism? It has been also officially recognized as a religion in my country.

Ciao

- viole

Never heard of it. But every adultery is another drop in the bucket. That's how it says it will go down. God has a big cup of wrath, every little drop takes it less and less towards half full. Then when the cup is full, he pours out his cup of wrath.

Rev. 14:10 they, too, will drink the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Never heard of it. But every adultery is another drop in the bucket. That's how it says it will go down. God has a big cup of wrath, every little drop takes it less and less towards half full. Then when the cup is full, he pours out his cup of wrath.

Rev. 14:10 they, too, will drink the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

That is scary. I don't believe in Santa either, and I am literally terrified not to get any presents next Christmas.

Do you think I should start believe in both?

Ciao

- viole

Araceli Cianna

Wow, I never even knew that it wasn't legal, considering Greek Paganism has such a long and vibrant history! This is great news anyway!!!

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That is scary. I don't believe in Santa either, and I am literally terrified not to get any presents next Christmas.

Do you think I should start believe in both?

Ciao

- viole

Well if you think about it, the creator of this world, Lets call him God. Who made things the way they are. He doesn't hold back the tidal wave for innocent little babies. So I wouldn't put that cup of wrath thing off the table.

Flame

Beware

A big cup of wrath? I've heard that analogy before and it reminds me that the Abrahamic god sounds like an abusive drunken father.:rolleyes:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well if you think about it, the creator of this world, Lets call him God. Who made things the way they are. He doesn't hold back the tidal wave for innocent little babies. So I wouldn't put that cup of wrath thing off the table.

So, it is preferrable to die as a baby?

Ciao

- viole

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

So that means only sinners are freed and the innocent die?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So that means only sinners are freed and the innocent die?

Well there is a dual aspect. Mortal life and Eternal life. Everybody dies in this life, what could a cup of wrath do to a life that is already short and mortal. So obviously the cup of wrath refers to what is poured out on the eternal life.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The topic of the thread. What has Rome got to do with anything?

Was replying to someone else about Paganism in general. I have to look back at the posts but I found it odd that a Roman Catholic would put down this thread (or post a reply) when the definition of Paganism does not only apply to those in Greece, etc but also Rome too.

You'd have to read through my replies. It wasn't addressed to you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well there is a dual aspect. Mortal life and Eternal life. Everybody dies in this life, what could a cup of wrath do to a life that is already short and mortal. So obviously the cup of wrath refers to what is poured out on the eternal life.

Take the "cups" and wrath and other parable poetry. If it is a fact, it should be simple to talk about.

The life span of someone's bodies do not determine the moral of killing someone of the spirit. So you're saying you rather the innocent (doesn't matter their lifespan) to die and the sinners-of course saved in christ-to be saved?

You want the innocent to die and the sinners to gain?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The topic of the thread. What has Rome got to do with anything?

Was replying to post 58. Has nothing to do with Greek Church or anything about Greece. Just her and Kemls kinda bugged me with posting negative things on a thread that was supposed to be positive in nature.