• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greece meets all of its energy demands with renewables

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For a few hours at least:

Greek renewables fully cover power demand for first time on record.

Apparently this is the first time an entire country has been able to sustain itself completely independent of fossil fuels.

Fuel for optimism?
(*slaps self*)

Edit: Apparently this is NOT the first time an entire country has been able to sustain itself completely independent of fossil fuels.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

Apparently this is the first time an entire country has been able to sustain itself completely independent of fossil fuels.
Nope.

Germany briefly runs on 100% renewable energy - EIT | Engineering Institute of Technology

Renewables cover about 100% of German power use for first time ever

And Germany is not a record holder in renewable energy. I just happened to remember that news. I guess Denmark has events like that frequently. @mikkel_the_dane , do you know more?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

JIMMY12345

Fuel for optimism?
(*slaps self*)

Edit: Apparently this is NOT the first time an entire country has been able to sustain itself completely independent of fossil fuels.
Europe is under pressure to keep up Military aid to Ukraine Sunak will have to decide if 3% increase on defense is affordable. If the money is spent on green energy this means less oil money for Russia money to fund the war machine. So less Ukrainians and Russians get killed which has to be good. Roll on green energy.