• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greece in Europe?

syo

Also, are you going to actually answer any objections
What objections? The dna speaks. Greeks aren't goths, celtics, saxons, vikings etc. They are middle easterners, syrians, egyptians, etc

Heyo

Veteran Member
Greece is middle-east.

Why people think Greece is european? Why put it in Europe?
How do you see the rest of the world? Can you draw a map? (something like this one:)
maxresdefault.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
Call it what you want, Greeks are middle-easterners.
I would agree that Greece is Balkan and that Balkan culture is different from that in Western Europe. But Balkan is very different from Middle Eastern, I think.

I remember thinking when Greece joined the EU that it was a mistake because it was too Balkan. And it has indeed been a struggle, as we all know. But I agree with @Rival and the historian Norman Davies who considers that the best definition of the rather nebulous concept of Europe is Christendom - or as Rival points out, more accurately Chalcedonian Christendom.

syo

Because I presumed quite a lot of Greeks thought belonging to the EU would be beneficial. Is there a lot of popular pressure for Greece to leave the EU, then?
Ha! Greeks are the worst kind of people. They are crypto-nazis, they would do anything the Germans would tell them to do. It's a suffocating place to live.