• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greater Respect For Pagans

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Over the past 6 months, I have come to respect pagans more than ever, especially with my final classes in seminary and looking at world theology/history. I still have much to learn about your various ancient traditions and beliefs. Having recently found out (ancestry.com) that a large portion of my genealogy can be traced to Celtic origins, it has sparked a greater interest in paganism. Looking to my roots, so to speak!

As a deist, I really don't have any problems with paganism. I too, look at nature and study it. I had to get over this stereotype that is often painted by the most hardcore, extreme evangelists (grew up Southern Baptist) that swear up and down that pagans are a bunch of devil worshiping, child sacrificing, blood drinking barbarians. ;)

VioletVortex

Many Pagans are deists and polydeists. Pagans and deists generally have a lot of respect for nature, as we often find our gods within nature.

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
For many of us, looking for a link to the ancient past (such as ancestry) draws us to paganism. For me, I was already interested in the occult and so paganism was the next step for me. It connected me to the past and perfectly fit my worldview.

VioletVortex

For many of us, looking for a link to the ancient past (such as ancestry) draws us to paganism. For me, I was already interested in the occult and so paganism was the next step for me. It connected me to the past and perfectly fit my worldview.

A lot of people go to Paganism from another Occult path, such as Satanism. I was a Satanist for a while, and I like any elements of the Satanic philosophy, which is why I also list myself as "LHP".

InquisitiveScholar

Wanting to learn it all..
This might be odd, coming from someone who is Zoroastrian, but Pagan faiths, along with Deist faiths, have a lot in common with Zoroastrianism. Although we fully believe in one god, Ahura Mazda, there are many angels who help make up the aspect of the natural world. Due to this, I have the utmost respect for any faith that venerates the natural world alongside humanity. I actually have a friend who is Asastru, Norse faith.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I had to get over this stereotype that is often painted by the most hardcore, extreme evangelists (grew up Southern Baptist) that swear up and down that pagans are a bunch of devil worshiping, child sacrificing, blood drinking barbarians. ;)
I had to get over that too. I saw a episode of a TV show one time when I was young that dealt with Wicca and without even rationally thinking about it had an emotional episode. I was about 8.

Nowadays I feel attracted to Asatru. :D

Paganism in all it's forms is about understanding nature, tapping into it, and (if possible) using it to your advantage.