• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I think is great, is how combining prophecy paints a bigger picture.

I see that each of the prophesies from the many faith sources, taken only by themselves can be like the Blind men and the Elephant metaphor.

So if we grab all God given prophesies, inclusive of some indigenous prophecies and even some more reliable saint given or hadith given prophesy about an age of peace, we get a picture of our age.

We are fast approaching events that will bring about a Lesser Peace.

It would be great to discuss prophesies and how they point to this age in particular.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Neither are verified as being true. What a gift for skeptics.

Did you think this thread is about validating prophecies and messengers as true?

Because it's not...and this isn't a debate forum.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I have a prophecy.

Baha'u'llah will help usher in an age of human unity amongst the masses well after his death, a point in which all war ceases to exist and global sovereignty and peace is achieved. Some people think that's just a pipe dream, but there's been less war now than there has been in the past.

Baha'u'llah's era was global sovereignty shifting to global unity, once global unity is achieved several hundred years from now, there will be another prophet who advances a new religion that marks a golden era of peace and prosperity, and with it, we as a collective human civilization will work on the Kardashev Scale, as he was the person to predict our rampant acceleration and use of energy for unique and creative endeavors.

After we become a stage one civilization, we will look forwards towards other planets to visit and explore throughout. Things will keep getting better and the human condition will evolve in unique and interesting ways.

But we can't reach there now until Baha'u'llah message of global unity occurs. One thing ultimately leads to the other. I pray out loud that these prophecies shall be fulfilled in the not-to-distant future!

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I see that each of the prophesies from the many faith sources, taken only by themselves can be like the Blind men and the Elephant metaphor.

So if we grab all God given prophesies, inclusive of some indigenous prophecies and even some more reliable saint given or hadith given prophesy about an age of peace, we get a picture of our age.

It would be great to discuss prophesies and how they point to this age in particular.

Regards Tony

Which "indigenous prophecies" are you referring to?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Regards Tony
Are you planning on listing a few of these prophecies?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Neither are verified as being true. What a gift for skeptics.

To me and millions, the world events have verified that Prophecy is a sign if the Messengers.

The issue is, one must also find out what those prophecies were.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
To me and millions, the world events have verified that Prophecy is a sign if the Messengers.
Therev are many religious groups, some in the billions of people, who believe in their ideas, too. It doesn't mean they are true. What makes ideas true? Evidence in equal proportion to the claim.

The issue is, one must also find out what those prophecies were.
That requires extraordinary evidence, not belief.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That requires extraordinary evidence, not belief.

It requires a person to search out and find what has been given. Most people want that done for them, and I understand why, it is a busy world. (So I like it that some people have taken the effort to start compiling prophecies).

The great thing now, is that the internet has made that a lot easier for this generation.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you planning on listing a few of these prophecies?

Not at this time, I have not plan for anything for this OP, just to say how wonderful it is, to see the world situation has been clearly foretold and give a chance for others to list prophecies they see are unfolding.

That many are unfolding being great, that is because we can know that the "Most Great Peace" will come and "Lesser Peace" will soon come to fruition.

It gives great hope as the old world order rolls up and the new world order is being built.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The Given back versus man's lost memories in one incident was bahuallah.

Knew that future leader sovereignty would evolve into a greater peace after his second coming brain conscious cell life attack. Advised.

As Russian hit forest garden star fall was predicted. Third.

Mind will change again...by world poisoned mind chemical brain that moves across all earth from the east winds.

Takes time to pollute the bio brain but it does.

So not only would men war to bring peace upon earth to share a common wealth by Queen mother's role.

As mother represented peace body in baby adult man's brain.

So men agree with life changing choices made it all happen. As they believed in predicted prophecies always invoking psychic advices. By living agreeing choosing.

Then it would usher in the lesser peace as known man's destructive mind is involved inherited...in greed and trade that would bring about lesser peace through God's earth nuclear Power technologies.

Where we are now exactly. Brain changed again by men copying God earths nuclear Attack. As changed minds from baby to adult consciousness to be as psychic.

The human condition is given new visionary better advices as proven many times. As we live to warn about choice and behaviour.

Future new advices stated would change current held beliefs.

By world human over conscious brother sister life Sacrificed advice. Given back to the psychic.

As advice came from the world's communal outcome.

Holy water saviour ice melt reasons.

Water brings back visions and voice worded experiences shared expressed. By humans. Mother's father's spirit. Together causes the over voiced word advice by the constants we express in human lived behaviours.

I was taught everyone lived is a needed part of the given message.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The Given back versus man's lost memories in one incident was bahuallah.

Knew that future leader sovereignty would evolve into a greater peace after his second coming brain conscious cell life attack. Advised.

As Russian hit forest garden star fall was predicted. Third.

Mind will change again...by world poisoned mind chemical brain that moves across all earth from the east winds.

Takes time to pollute the bio brain but it does.

So not only would men war to bring peace upon earth to share a common wealth by Queen mother's role.

As mother represented peace body in baby adult man's brain.

So men agree with life changing choices made it all happen. As they believed in predicted prophecies always invoking psychic advices. By living agreeing choosing.

Then it would usher in the lesser peace as known man's destructive mind is involved inherited...in greed and trade that would bring about lesser peace through God's earth nuclear Power technologies.

Where we are now exactly. Brain changed again by men copying God earths nuclear Attack. As changed minds from baby to adult consciousness to be as psychic.

The human condition is given new visionary better advices as proven many times. As we live to warn about choice and behaviour.

Future new advices stated would change current held beliefs.

By world human over conscious brother sister life Sacrificed advice. Given back to the psychic.

As advice came from the world's communal outcome.

Holy water saviour ice melt reasons.

Water brings back visions and voice worded experiences shared expressed. By humans. Mother's father's spirit. Together causes the over voiced word advice by the constants we express in human lived behaviours.

I was taught everyone lived is a needed part of the given message.
Reasoned...bahuallah challenged disturbed chemical mind given by star maths new Muslim scientists mind.

Reminded them about Jesus.

Same back then as today. Men wanted to rebuild temple nuclear technology in Jerusalem.

Circuit Jeru turned there...pyramid sciences.

He knew the same men's mind would return Inherited.

Why he was correct.

Same causes...Russian star hit.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Not at this time, I have not plan for anything for this OP, just to say how wonderful it is, to see the world situation has been clearly foretold and give a chance for others to list prophecies they see are unfolding.

That many are unfolding being great, that is because we can know that the "Most Great Peace" will come and "Lesser Peace" will soon come to fruition.

It gives great hope as the old world order rolls up and the new world order is being built.

Regards Tony
As you probably remember, I was taught about the Baha'i Faith in the early 70's. For young people in the U.S. back then, the time for change was right then. It was the "dawining of the Age of Aquarius". And there were the Baha'is with a message that said that peace and unity were unfolding. And there were Baha'is thinking that by the year 2000 the Lesser Peace would be established. Equality of the sexes, races and religions were happening. Then what happened? Part of it I think was that the Vietnam war ended. So, lots of people stopped protesting war. The other thing is that we all got older, got married, had kids and had to get jobs. Lots of us become that part of society we were complaining about. Another thing was the "Jesus Movement". Lots of hippies found Jesus. And that changed them from accepting and trying different religious and spiritual paths to believing in only one true path and rejecting all the others as false.

I like looking at the prophecies. But it's just too easy for people to come up with a lot of different ways to interpret them. I know some of the Baha'i interpretations. And you know I have some questions and issues with them, but if the Lesser Peace happens, that's okay with me. It's those bad times foretold prior to it happening that bothers me.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like looking at the prophecies. But it's just too easy for people to come up with a lot of different ways to interpret them. I know some of the Baha'i interpretations. And you know I have some questions and issues with them, but if the Lesser Peace happens, that's okay with me. It's those bad times foretold prior to it happening that bothers me.

Yes interpretation is our biggest quandary, as we are not prophets. This is the domain of those that are Messengers, they give them, they fulfil them, a false prophet can do neither.

Also as previously discussed, I also see prophecy is timeless, it is not events in chronological order. So it is understandable that many expect things to unfold in a specific order accompanied by specific signs. I do not see it happens that way. Baha'u'llah has outlined the general events that will transpire, but there is not times given, nor is the order very specific.

Abdul'baha said the Lesser Peace will be established in the 20th Century, I see that happened with the embro of the UN that will morph into the future union of nations, that is elected in a different manner and given the power of enforcement of its resolutions.

All those quotes are available, and put together they do paint a picture that is unfolding.

Unfortunately , or fortunately, however you view the world today, there will be an event that suddenly occurs, that will change the course of humanity. In the prophecies it offers that event will come after the contamination of the atmosphere and the burning of cities, or coincide with those events. One could say we have seen the events that have caused the contamination of the atmosphere and the burning of cities, or have we, will they be even more obvious?

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
It requires a person to search out and find what has been given.
In the movie Life of Brian there is a plot point that revolves around followers getting absorbed in a promise of being given something, and even though there isn't anything they go nuts speculating about what it ism and who is worthy to get it. They made a joke about it because it is a common religious tactic to get followers committed to a dogma, and does so by exploiting fear and anxieties.

Most people want that done for them, and I understand why, it is a busy world. (So I like it that some people have taken the effort to start compiling prophecies).
That's what religions do, and Baha'i is no exception. Look at what you write next:

The great thing now, is that the internet has made that a lot easier for this generation.
How is this not having it done for believers? Notice critical thinkers don't get manipulated and absorbed in these dogmas.

And the internet serves as a medium to expose and reveal the irrational and exploitive nature of religion and religious behavior.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is this not having it done for believers? Notice critical thinkers don't get manipulated and absorbed in these dogmas.

And the internet serves as a medium to expose and reveal the irrational and exploitive nature of religion and religious behavior.

This is a discussion and not a debate. It is also not a place for a person to disparage people that have embraced a faith.

Like all of our choices, we use it for good, or we use it for self serving purposes. If anyone chooses to use it for the later, I am not here to change them.

So as this is a discussion about prophecy, between those that have a faith with recorded prophecies are you able to offer an interfaith perspective?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An example I was considering when I started this OP is about past religious scriptures containing various prophecies of a time when God will bring peace to earth. With that promise there are also the numerous warnings of what that age would produce, a forewarning of what to watch out for in general, that humanity as a whole is sick, needing to change.

Passages such as this. (A good thing to note when reading such passages is that men can refer to humanity as a whole and women to the human soul). (P/S, also a good way to read the Adam and Eve story, Adam is Humanity, Eve is the Soul.)

2 Timothy 3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

So this is a prophecy about the state of humanity when God will give us a Message, note women in this context is people being led away from the strong foundation of faith into the world of our material self.

Now what can be produced is also passages in the Quran that warn about these exact same things about the end of an age. (NOT END OF WORLD :) )

So then there is another Message after the Muhammad and the Quran, given by the Bab and then Baha'u'llah. From those Messages we can produce prophecies that give us a promise of what our renewal of faith can produce and the consequences of what will happen if we do not.

It appears not many wish to discuss all this.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is a discussion and not a debate. It is also not a place for a person to disparage people that have embraced a faith.

Like all of our choices, we use it for good, or we use it for self serving purposes. If anyone chooses to use it for the later, I am not here to change them.

So as this is a discussion about prophecy, between those that have a faith with recorded prophecies are you able to offer an interfaith perspective?

Regards Tony
Well if you want to merely discuss some ideas that your religion assumes is true then isnt there a safe place for you all to do that?

if you open a discussion in open forum and don’t clarify that there are specific assumptions to be made, then anything goes.

i see this closed mindedness to fair disputes to not be good faith. If faith is truthful then it can sustain any skepticism.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well if you want to merely discuss some ideas that your religion assumes is true then isnt there a safe place for you all to do that?

if you open a discussion in open forum and don’t clarify that there are specific assumptions to be made, then anything goes.

i see this closed mindedness to fair disputes to not be good faith. If faith is truthful then it can sustain any skepticism.

Stick to the topic, stop the disparage and we might have a discussion.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my long years of studying religion, and living life, I have yet to be convinced of one single prophecy. Every single one seems made up, or distorted, after the fact. So therefore I simply don't believe in prophecy at all. But if it somehow gives you hope, or makes you feel smart, or even provides fodder for conversation, go for it. Doesn't really hurt anyone.

I will always wish you well and happy and if I lived in your neighbourhood, I am sure we could share many community based activities.

I would offer that it is called prophecy as it was written before the fact. Yes it is indeed a quandary to find the clarity over distortion.

This OP is not about providing hope, or making anyone feel smart, or even just to provide fodder for conversation.

It is about what some of the issues are, it is about the quandary of our ability to find clarity over any distortion when discussing prophecies.

Regards Tony