• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Scenes In Movies Or TV

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I'm one of the 5 people who think The Hudsucker Proxy is among the greatest movies ever made.
In this scene, the investigative reporter gains the trust of the company's new President.

At about the 1:22 mark in this clip is Rick's reaction to seeing Ilsa again. The emotion he conveys - no words - is Bogart's best acting ever IMHO.

gnomon

One of the best trailers to a great movie.And a good trailer because it doesn't give away the movie's premise.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Tyrion slapping Jeoffrey, either time, never gets old.
Just about everything in Ricky Gervais' Humanity.
"Leave her alone, you *****!"
Cerci blowing up the church with a pretty green fire.
10 confronting the Beast
The Ood possessed by the Beast
The first time a xenomorph pops out of that guy's chest, and the prior scene with the facehugger.
"What does god need with a Starship?"
"Millennia ago they abandoned their belief in the supernatural. Now you are asking me to sabotage that achievement, to send them back into the dark ages of superstition and ignorance and fear? No!"
Just about every murder in God Bless America.
Every time God Bless America glorifies Alice Cooper.
"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
"How you gonna call that a controlled substance? That is nature's delivery system for peace."
When the Ents go to war against Isengard (I especially love the song while they march to war) and nature beats the crap out of industry.
10 running around with his 3D glasses on,
Every time 10 gets cocky and arrogant with his intelligence.
Arya killing Littlefinger, exterminating house Frey, turning Meryn Trent into a human pin cushion, and killing the undead monstrosity that got in her way.
Tyrion igniting the Blackwater Bay, creating an explosion of pretty green fire.
10 being witty and charming.
The Reefer Madness spoof on That 70s Show.
Dateline: Charles Sigsby
I think thats all for now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It was so sad that happening to Tyrion. Really, the character is a good reflections of minority struggles. Such as his drinking problems throughout most of the show (and at one point a "drinkers liver" is acknowledged, meaning there is knowledge in this universe of alcohols destructive abilities). Or running his mouth (the "any attention" sort of thing as no doubt he was severely ignored by his father growing up and would have had to try hard to get his attention). And not caring where few care for him. And of course prejudice and bigotry against dwarves is mentioned many times and is a point at least a few times.
Really, many of the characters were very well developed, even for the TV version (even if the show did simplify some characters, such as Brienne of Tarth, who may possibly be trans in the books).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
None greater....
Oddly, had it not been for my very conservative, fundamentalist home schooling that promoted nuclear armament as a nuclear deterrence and MAD as a good thing and only sane option, I probably would not have been able to get that movie because I'm just barely old enough to have grown up knowing nuclear bombs are scary and Russia might launch one at anytime (particularly as retaliation as this was the later and post-years of the Cold War), and outside of that I can't recall anything heavily dealing with those policies enough for me to have known them when I watched that (I'm pretty sure I grew up being more aware of the dangers of nuclear fallout from improper storage and disposal and rogue nuclear attacks than international policies).
But, because of Christians, I was able to enjoy that movie. (and learn what pot smells like while at church)