• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grumpuss

Future Hall-of-Fame quarterback and exceptional Christian, Tim Tebow is being called upon to seek the seat being vacated by retiring Ander Crenshaw, who represents Florida's 4th District.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/15/politics/tim-tebow-congressional-bid-florida/

This is amazing news! Imagine what Mr. Tebow can accomplish!

Tim-Tebow-Blackballed-From-NFL-Due-To-Christian-Beliefs.jpg

Wirey

Fartist
Dear God.

It's me, Wirey. You remember me, I prayed for that lottery win that time and won a free ticket. Listen, I'm willing to forego the whole lottery win fiasco if you can promise me that this slimy little talentless greasebag will be infected with hemorrhoids or Ebola or the clap or anything else that will keep him from feigning any ability to govern when his greatest accomplishment to date has been to actually define the word 'poser'. If you do this for me, I promise to recommend you to all my friends and to stop telling people your kid dressed like a hippy.

PS If you could let those 'Thunder Down Under' guys be on TV so Mrs. Wirey sees them before she comes to bed tonight, I'd appreciate that too. Something about Australian dancing that revs that woman's motor, I tell ya! Thanks.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He couldn't pass anything in the NFL worth catching, what makes people think he can pass anything better in Congress?
Was he even a decent quarterback? He seems to get passed around quite a bit, suggesting to me he isn't good enough for teams to want to keep him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Come to think of it, the only thing I've ever heard of him is his religious convictions. No one compares him to Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, or Young. They only ever mention his religious convictions. I am by no means a fan of the NFL or football, but all I've ever heard of Tebow is how he displays his Christian faith, which has always seemed odd to me because Jesus didn't seem to be much of a fan of those who make a public spectacle of their faith.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Come to think of it, the only thing I've ever heard of him is his religious convictions. No one compares him to Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, or Young. They only ever mention his religious convictions. I am by no means a fan of the NFL or football, but all I've ever heard of Tebow is how he displays his Christian faith, which has always seemed odd to me because Jesus didn't seem to be much of a fan of those who make a public spectacle of their faith.

This, and I believe Jesus would have been more of a baseball guy.

Grumpuss

I never said "NFL Hall of Fame". It's well-known that Tebow wasn't a success in the NFL. That doesn't detract from his college career, or how he's conducted himself as a fine upstanding Christian or American.
Was he even a decent quarterback? He seems to get passed around quite a bit, suggesting to me he isn't good enough for teams to want to keep him.
There is a world of football outside of the NFL, believe it or not.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Yep. My first thought was "eww, another Trump type".
How does Tebow equate to a "Trump type"? What is a "Trump type" and what are Tebow's qualifications?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Tebow had a good college career, played about 20 games in the pros and wore his religion on his sleeve in a most distastful fashion. Makes him a shoe-in for Florida Republicans.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Grumpuss

Why do you think he'd be an exceptional congressman? Heck, why do you think he'd be an average congressman?
I don't think you read that well. I said he was an exceptional football player.

The bar is set appropriately low for what is considered "success" as a U.S. congressman. But being as Tebow has served his community so well this far, I think he has a good shot.

Grumpuss

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

How does Tebow equate to a "Trump type"? What is a "Trump type" and what are Tebow's qualifications?
...What are "ways of tearing someone down without care to have an honest discussion about candidates"?

Now I'll take Potpourri for $800, Alex...

Honestly, I don't know why people cling to the hokey traditional sense of what a representative should be; usually it's a disinterested, corrupt, lawyer-type. No surprise such people react badly to candidates like Trump, who at the very least offer a fresh take on the usual smarminess.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think you read that well. I said he was an exceptional football player.

The bar is set appropriately low for what is considered "success" as a U.S. congressman. But being as Tebow has served his community so well this far, I think he has a good shot.

I was referring more to the thread title, where you decided to flag this as 'great news'.

I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that this meant you thought he'd be exceptional. I mean, 'Great News : average congressman joins race' seems to be a mismatch.

So I ask again, what is it that makes you think he'll be an exceptional congressman? What is it that even leads you to believe he'll be an average congressman??