• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Food Combos

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Besides the obvious food combinations, what are some great food and/or drink combinations you like making together?

I get cans of beef stew, put on shredded sharp cheddar on it, and nuke it in the microwave for two minutes. It melts into the beef stew and tastes so good after.

I get chicken stir fry, frozen Tai Pei, and before I nuke it, I put an extra glaze of teriyaki sauce over it, then send it to the microwave for four minutes. The sauce always sink into the Tai Pei and offers extra flavor to an otherwise boring meal.

What are some examples of (un)usual food and/or drink combos you create?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I tend to poach an egg in my ramen while I'm cooking it on the stove.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else I'd consider unusual.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Equal parts cayenne and cinnamon added to hot cocoa will keep you extra warm.
Or, you can add a small can of diced green chilles and some cinnamon to your brownie mix.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Right now, I'm making a beef roast with a rub of espresso powder, hot smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and chili powder.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my favorite simple salads is lightly fried tofu and sliced cucumbers tossed with chilli sauce (Sriracha or whatever brand you prefer.)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I'm not really into "weird" combinations of food.

But I understand that certain things that are extremely common and obvious in Belgium, are considered "weird" in the US. The most famous one, as hilariously detailed by John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, is mayonaise on french fries.

On that note, here's my all time favorite food combo... A truly classic flemish belgian dish.
Beef stew with fries and mayo

upload_2022-10-21_10-44-35.png

Erebus

Two slices of toast, one with peanut butter and one with Nutella. Put them together to make a sandwich and brace yourself for the impending heart attack.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goats cheese with fig.

Makes a great summer sandwich or with a salad.

Perhaps drizzle a little honey over it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Fish & Chips

I do miss good fish and chips with mushy pea. Vinager and salt, (frosting on top)

There was a mobile British chippy did the rounds once a month. Unfortunately covid got the owner...

So I'm down to what i can make myself, not a patch on the real thing.