• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great American Eclipse; spiritual plans?

Kapalika

Premium Member
I got some ideas, it's starting to come together for me. I took a half day journey to stay at a friend's place. Weird thing for me is his parents don't know I'm Hindu let alone Satanist. Ugh lol. They want us all to view it together. I kinda wanna do it privately as a spiritual thing with rituals leading up to and after totality. Maybe I can dance around it...

I can't wait to see totality with my own eyes (it's safe right during just not the split moment it ends which is very very bad). It's like a darkened sun, a black flame in the sky! Sudden, uncontrollable praises and worship of Kali my goddess, mother and love are likely. I might make deceleration of the glory of Satan Shiva and Leviathan.

I dunno, maybe I will just think it's really cool and not do much.

Any ways, anyone here got any plans for tomorrow afternoon? Of a religious or spiritual variety?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Great weather to you and all who are fortunate enough to witness the totality tomorrow.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I've already told everybody that I'm going to be pouting -
unhappy-smiley-emoticon.gif

because I can't get away to view it with my parents, whom are directly under it, on the Oregon Coast.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

because I can't get away to view it with my parents, whom are be directly under it, on the Oregon Coast.

I'll peek at it for you. I'm in the 86% zone :) Should hit around 10:20am in the morrow.
In regards to the OP, it's an eclipse. I fail to see what spiritual connotations that has.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I am already preparing my prayers, prepping my ritual and clenching my buttocks. Although the order is reversed I should add.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

because I can't get away to view it with my parents, whom are directly under it, on the Oregon Coast.

If it makes you feel better, its likely to be cloudy. Won't be ideal viewing anyway.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
My family has an odd superstition about viewing am eclipse. Apparently it's a bad omen.
Quirky superstitions :rolleyes:
But I'm not in America anyways so I'm not sure how that affects us really. Awkward viewing angle maybe :p;)

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not interested. I'm a bit concerned that something will happen that forces me to go out of doors during the eclipse. I don't have any sunglasses, so I will be in a jam in that case. I guess it will be OK if I look down and not up.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I got some ideas, it's starting to come together for me. I took a half day journey to stay at a friend's place. Weird thing for me is his parents don't know I'm Hindu let alone Satanist. Ugh lol. They want us all to view it together. I kinda wanna do it privately as a spiritual thing with rituals leading up to and after totality. Maybe I can dance around it...

I can't wait to see totality with my own eyes (it's safe right during just not the split moment it ends which is very very bad). It's like a darkened sun, a black flame in the sky! Sudden, uncontrollable praises and worship of Kali my goddess, mother and love are likely. I might make deceleration of the glory of Satan Shiva and Leviathan.

I dunno, maybe I will just think it's really cool and not do much.

Any ways, anyone here got any plans for tomorrow afternoon? Of a religious or spiritual variety?

Couldn't really see anything without the special glasses, only 60% in my area. Tried to take a picture but you need a camera you can adjust the shutter speed, otherwise the ccd gets saturated.

My son expects something spiritual to happen. Me, other than the eclipse, I don't expect it to be much different than any other day.

Kapalika

Premium Member
There were some serious distractions but what I did see was pretty cool. I just wish I had my normal glasses (im near sighted) as i couldnt make out anything smaller than the largest solar flare i saw.

I guess I also expected too much of it but I think it would of went a lot better had I been viewing it totally alone. its very hard to make that moment profound when people are talking around you and playing a coverage of it based from 20 miles away. it also made my timing of when to stop looking confusing.