• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity and the Expanding Universe

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow! One person (me) has not presented evidence (in your opinion) so it is unlikely to exist? That's your idea of the scientific method?

But here's your proof:

Rom 12:2,

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
You prove it. Why rely on others to do your homework?
Oh you crack me up. First you strawman the argument. Remember the conclusion drawn was that you do not have any evidence. It was not that it did not exist. And then you confirm my claim by demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of the concept of evidence and rely on a book of myths. The Bible is the claim. It is not the evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's see now superior your understanding of the Bible really is; what is the subject of the Bible? Chapter and verse, please. I'll bet you don't even know that, so why pretend you know anything at all about what it says. You don't even know what the book is about!
I am not playing that silly game. Sadly your understanding is extremely skewed by your own prejudice. You will not allow yourself to see the contradictions in the Bible, the false and disproven claims, or that it portrays God as an incompetent, bumbling, evil and vain being.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Obviously you have no real handle on ancient Hebrew script. You think you know way more than you actually know. Not good for a scientist. At least I know my limitations when it comes to science.
Nor do you as has been demonstrated by others. You are once again accusing others of you wrong doings so that you can run away. And dodging a legitimate question is running away.

Bear Wild

And you can make statements about Christians, about which you have no clear understanding? How about I have more understanding about science than you have about the scriptures? You may be too blind to see that for now, but maybe you'll see the truth someday. I'll pray for you.

My understanding of the scriptures is just fine which is why I understand they are important to the mythology of Christianity. Your statements about science clearly show how little you know. I well give an offering to Hertha for you to finally gain wisdom and finally understand science. I will not give up hope on you that you may finally see what is all around you and that you will one day gain the wisdom and respect what science teaches us.

rrobs

I am not playing that silly game. Sadly your understanding is extremely skewed by your own prejudice. You will not allow yourself to see the contradictions in the Bible, the false and disproven claims, or that it portrays God as an incompetent, bumbling, evil and vain being.
Good dodge. Like I said, you don't even know what the Bible is about.

You will not allow yourself to see there are in fact no contradictions in the Bible. But then again, not even knowing what the Bible is about, how could you?

rrobs

Nor do you as has been demonstrated by others. You are once again accusing others of you wrong doings so that you can run away. And dodging a legitimate question is running away.
So why are you running away instead of telling me one simple thing, i.e. what the bible is about?

I would think if anybody could admit they don't know something it would be a scientist. I guess you think it is impossible for a scientist to not know something. But then again, many of the conclusions you arrive at are absolutely baseless. You want evidence from the other side while offering none of your own for the things you say about which you know very little. Talking about the Bible without knowing what it's even about does not speak well to your powers of deduction.

rrobs

My understanding of the scriptures is just fine which is why I understand they are important to the mythology of Christianity. Your statements about science clearly show how little you know. I well give an offering to Hertha for you to finally gain wisdom and finally understand science. I will not give up hope on you that you may finally see what is all around you and that you will one day gain the wisdom and respect what science teaches us.
I'll bet you see the scriptures and believe them long before I think your ancestors are apes.

Bear Wild

I'll bet you see the scriptures and believe them long before I think your ancestors are apes.

There you go again showing your lack of understanding of evolution and biology. You really need to learn about it before your make statements that are incorrect.

1. We are apes. Simple biology
2. We are descended from a common ancestor to Gorillas, orangutans, bonobos, and chimpanzees but we did not descend from them.

So if you are going to claim your understanding of science is anything like your understanding scriptures then you have a lot of reading to do understand scriptures.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good dodge. Like I said, you don't even know what the Bible is about.

You will not allow yourself to see there are in fact no contradictions in the Bible. But then again, not even knowing what the Bible is about, how could you?
That was not a dodge. You were trying to play silly games. But fine, the Bible gives a history of the mythological beliefs of Hebrews from about 500 BCE onwards changing to the beliefs of a sect that followed a charismatic teacher after about 40 CE to roughly 100 CE.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So why are you running away instead of telling me one simple thing, i.e. what the bible is about?

I would think if anybody could admit they don't know something it would be a scientist. I guess you think it is impossible for a scientist to not know something. But then again, many of the conclusions you arrive at are absolutely baseless. You want evidence from the other side while offering none of your own for the things you say about which you know very little. Talking about the Bible without knowing what it's even about does not speak well to your powers of deduction.
Nice try. You ran away first. You started a false challenge to cover your retreat.

By the way, what do you need evidence for? You never asked for evidence you only made false claims about others. Meanwhile you continue to not be able to supply evidence for your claims.

Reactions: ppp

Bear Wild

Nice try. You ran away first. You started a false challenge to cover your retreat.

By the way, what do you need evidence for? You never asked for evidence you only made false claims about others. Meanwhile you continue to not be able to supply evidence for your claims.

Isn't amazing how much rrobs professes but how little knowledge about biology and evolution rrobs demonstrates yet rrobs seems to lack even basic concepts of biology let alone evolution. It is clearly reflected in his posts. Thus the responses resort to I know and you do not rather than evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Isn't amazing how much rrobs professes but how little knowledge about biology and evolution rrobs demonstrates yet rrobs seems to lack even basic concepts of biology let alone evolution. It is clearly reflected in his posts. Thus the responses resort to I know and you do not rather than evidence.
And like every creationist he refuses to learn even the basics of science. It is almost as if they know that they will be shown to be wrong if they learn and they would rather have a false belief than to accept the fact of evolution.

This is true even among actual scientists that are creationists They know and use the scientific method in their work that they do in the sciences, but they refuse to apply it to their creationist beliefs That is why there are no creationist peer reviewed papers. Besides being obviously wrong they seem to understand that their errors will be made publicly wrong if they apply the same standards to their creationist "work" as they do to their real work in the sciences.

rrobs

There you go again showing your lack of understanding of evolution and biology. You really need to learn about it before your make statements that are incorrect.

1. We are apes. Simple biology
2. We are descended from a common ancestor to Gorillas, orangutans, bonobos, and chimpanzees but we did not descend from them.

So if you are going to claim your understanding of science is anything like your understanding scriptures then you have a lot of reading to do understand scriptures.
Yes you are right. I didn't think most people knew that so I didn't want to offend. The fact is you are not an ape. You are a human.

Did I really need to tell you that?

rrobs

That was not a dodge. You were trying to play silly games. But fine, the Bible gives a history of the mythological beliefs of Hebrews from about 500 BCE onwards changing to the beliefs of a sect that followed a charismatic teacher after about 40 CE to roughly 100 CE.
Wrongo! Care to guess again or would you rather I just tell you (along with the verse of course)?

rrobs

So you just can't bring yourself to admit you don't know something. Stunning, coming from a scientist and all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wrongo! Care to guess again or would you rather I just tell you (along with the verse of course)?
Sorry, you cannot refute that with the Bible. That would be circular reasoning. The Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence. But go ahead. Show that I am wrong without using the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you just can't bring yourself to admit you don't know something. Stunning, coming from a scientist and all.
Are you crazy? I never said or implied that I know everything. Where did you get that idea from?

EDIT: Ironically he made this false claim after I answered his rather silly demand. He still ran away from the challenge that he had no answer for.

Reactions: ppp

rrobs

Sorry, you cannot refute that with the Bible. That would be circular reasoning. The Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence. But go ahead. Show that I am wrong without using the Bible.
OK. Let's assume the Bible is as much fairy tale as Harry Potter. Whether either one is factual or not does not negate the fact that each has a definite subject. Care to guess what the subject matter of the Biblical story? Seems you ought to know at least that much before making sweeping declarations about it.

rrobs

Are you crazy? I never said or implied that I know everything. Where did you get that idea from?
Because you keep talking about the Bible without even knowing what it's about.

Ironically he made this false claim after I answered his rather silly demand. He still ran away from the challenge that he had no answer for.
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure which question you are referring to here. I already acquiesced to your superior knowledge of science.