1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Gravity and the Expanding Universe

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by rrobs, Nov 25, 2020.

1. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None

I read the bible as written, not interpreted to suite my ego

2. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None

What new evidence, please be specific with citations.

Ive been on the Christian bandwagon and jumped off because yes, it was very bad and from what i see on there pages and elsewhere, nothing has changed. But hey, it's religion, i don't expect it to change. Only to dis progress because its seen as a threat

3. rrobs

rrobs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Religion:
    Christian
    I'll bet that's what the ancient Babylonians thought when talking about their planetary gods.

4. rrobs

rrobs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Religion:
    Christian
    Where was I off with Proverbs? Specifics, if you don't mind.

5. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +27,011
    Religion:
    Atheist

6. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +27,011
    Religion:
    Atheist
    There was no Garden of Eden, at no time were there ever only two people. There was no flood of Noah. That story fails on many levels. The Exodus as portrayed in the Bible did not occur either. That is a good start.

7. rrobs

rrobs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Religion:
    Christian
    Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Those are things I was ignorant of until I saw them.

Glad to hear you were a Christian. Actually it would be better stated that you are a Christian.

1Pet 1:23,

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
    The first seed came from your mom and dad. It is corruptible, hence you will die. The new birth, on the other hand is incorruptible, hence you have everlasting life in the new earth to come. Notice that the word "incorruptible" is not followed by the word "seed" as "corruptible" is in the first part. That is a legitimate and precise usage of a figure of speech, namely an ellipsis. As you probably know, figures of speech are used to emphasize. In other words, God wants to emphasize your everlasting life. What's so bad about that?

8. rrobs

rrobs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Religion:
    Christian
    Sounds like you were there to witness the beginning. Surely, that can't be what you are saying, so how do you know?

9. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None
    They are not evidence but stories in the bible

No, of course christianity wont release my name from their records, so they can keep their numbers up. But in no way could i be considered christian. Given the pain, mayhem and death i have seen christians administer i would consider it an insult to be considered one. You don't want to insult me do you?

10. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Thank you for your ^above ^ posting.
    Because of God's ' energy ' E-MC2 is why God as Creator has the Great Power and the Mighty Strength to create the visible material realm of creation.
    Since we are created from His dynamic energy then God has the right to exercise regulation over His creation (us). -Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 45:12
    Having control in a loving way teaching us how to benefit oneself.

11. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None
    You don't understand the 1st law of thermodynamics at all do you?

12. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Or, what you say members of 'Christendom' ( so-called Christians ) administer...... Remember what Jesus said about those fake 'weed/tares' Christians.
    And that Jesus' forewarned us that MANY would come ' in his name' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23.
    Even if 'Christendom' won't release names..... we find God can remove names from His Book of Life - Exodus 32:33; Revelation 3:5; Revelation 20:15

(Side note: when I wrote my former religion to remove my name (just my name) from their records, well they did, but also removed the whole family records including the cemetery deed. Thankfully I had the 1913 deed and the undertaker could Not understand why there was No family record and No record of the cemetery deed. He reassured me that his then made deed copy would go on file at the funeral home )

13. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Energy can't be created from nothing, so when a Baptist told me that God created the universe from nothing I said that is Not what the Bible teaches.
    God supplied His Power and Strength to create the visible material realm of existence. - Isaiah 40:26

14. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None
    Actually void is nothing

15. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    in the Hebrew Bible at Genesis 1:1 uses the word ' empty ' when Earth was empty ( empty or void of inhabitable life on Earth at that beginning stage )
    P.S. oops, should read Genesis 1:1-2.

#455 URAVIP2ME, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  16. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None
    Where does the bible say this

17. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Try Genesis 1:2

18. ChristineM

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +33,000
    Religion:
    None
    What about 1:1

19. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Please notice Genesis 1:16 because there we find the word MADE and Not the word: CREATE.

Day One light was CREATED. See Genesis 1:3, then on Day Four God MADE the 'already created' light do something.
    In other words He 'made' the 'created' light to rule; rule over day and night - Genesis 1:18

Kind of like an adult can procreate a child then have the existing child be MADE to sit in a chair, MADE to go to school, etc.

20. URAVIP2ME

URAVIP2ME Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,513
    Gods' spirit is good (Psalms 143:10) and it was God who created, God is Creator -Revelation 4:11.