• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravitational Waves & General Relativity - A Computational Analysis

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Well,
here it is:

http://www.flight-light-and-spin.com/relativity/gravitational-waves+general-relativity.htm

This is an extract summary, but the full article is also on that page.

It has taken me about a year to write this, so I would appreciate it if you
could only comment after reading the entire thing, and not just start
disagreeing with the first point you come across that is at odds with
the main-stream narrative.

Perhaps if you have specific points of discussion it would be prudent to
start new threads, because there are quite a number of distinct topics.

;-j

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Out of curiosity I put the url into www.virustotal.com (which I have never used before). Virustotal says that most antivirus suits declare the site clean, except for bit defender. Incidentally, virustotal.com says that religiousforums.com is clean. I don't have any way of really checking the site software. Apparently 'Bitdefender' may have something to tell you. Maybe the site has a bug.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Well, my site is quoted all over the place and this is the only part that says it has a virus.
I'm guessing that the guy with the swastika may be the one to have a virus or other problematic software.
I'll have to check with my service provider.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
But this thread and forum is not exclusively Hindu.
So anyone portraying such a symbol should be aware of the connotations implied.

I disagree. And I think that a public religious education forum is the perfect place to display such a symbol.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I disagree. And I think that a public religious education forum is the perfect place to display such a symbol.

So they should not be aware of Nazi connotations to the symbol?
To display such a contentious symbol as a means to unraveling the issues we discuss here is fine and well.
Its quite another thing to emblazon it on one's forehead without being aware of the connotations.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
To display such a contentious symbol as a means to unraveling the issues we discuss here is fine and well.
Its quite another thing to emblazon it on one's forehead without being aware of the connotations.

If someone is ignorant of the fact that the symbol is important in Hindu religion then it's a great way to open discussion about it and get rid of that ignorance. A Hindu should not be afraid to use their own symbol.

It wasn't my intention to change the subject of your thread; I didn't expect it to become a debate. If you want to continue this discussion, we could do so in a different thread?

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
If someone is ignorant of the fact that the symbol is important in Hindu religion then it's a great way to open discussion about it and get rid of that ignorance. A Hindu should not be afraid to use their own symbol.

It wasn't my intention to change the subject of your thread; I didn't expect it to become a debate. If you want to continue this discussion, we could do so in a different thread?

I'm not too fussy about thread conformity.
After all, the intended topic has already been ruined by the alleged virus problem.
I've been ignored by bitdefender who seem to be the only one's who think my website is harmful,
but cannot be bothered to tell me what they think the problem is.

But I am still curious about how the Nazi's took the symbol,
what it originally meant, and how Hindu's are dealing with the connotations.

I had heard that it meant good or evil depending on which way it appears to rotate.
But the person who told me that was not the most level-headed character.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it would be a good idea to make a thread on the topic in the debates section. That way we get perspectives from multiple persons.
I find it hard to see a problem in displaying my ancient religious symbol when it stands for peace and goodness just because some very modern political leader hijacked it for a small time period. But I'd be interested to see people's opinions.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh just to add, there is a different meaning depending on the direction of the arms (right vs left). It's kind of like right vs left hand path. But the left hand direction is more a Buddhist symbol than a Hindu one, from what I understand.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"The graviton moves at the velocity of light, which being a velocity, requires time to move"
The graviton doesn't even have indirect, ad-hoc evidence for its existence that we find for single quarks of any particular color or flavor. It is a postulated mediator of gravitation that is supposed to exist because gravitation is a fundamental force and the standard model is constructed via the quantization of forces and matter. There is no evidence whatsoever that the "graviton" moves at all, let alone at any particular speed.
"This script is intended to be interpreted by computer programmers"
Such "scripts" exist for computer programmers which are (unlike your own) actually based upon physics rather than misunderstanding popular/sensationalist accounts and without fundamental inaccuracies, e.g.:
Ablinger, J., Blümlein, J., Schneider, C., & Blümlein, J. (2013). Computer Algebra in Quantum Field Theory: Integration, Summation and Special Functions. Texts and Monographs in Symbolic Computation.
Computational models for gravitational waves specifically can be found in e.g.,
Bassan, M. (Ed.) (2014). Advanced Interferometers and the Search for Gravitational Waves: Lectures from the First VESF School on Advanced Detectors for Gravitational Waves (Astrophysics and Space Science Library, 404). Springer.
Ciufolini, I., Gorini, V., Moschella, U., Fre, P. (2001). Gravitational Waves (Series in High Energy Physics, Cosmology and Gravitation). Institute of Physics Publishing.
Li, T. G. (2015). Extracting Physics from Gravitational Waves: Testing the Strong-field Dynamics of General Relativity and Inferring the Large-scale Structure of the Universe. Springer.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Blocked. Virus.

bit.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Then who is at fault? The Nazis or the Hindus? For me it stands for welfare of all living beings in the world.

Om Bhadram Karnebhiḥ Srinuyām Devāh, Bhadram Pashyemākshabhir Yajatrāh;
Sthirair Angais Tushtuvangasastanūbhih, Vyashema Devahitam Yadāyūh.
Swasti Na Indro Vriddhashravāh, Swasti Na Pūsha Vishwa-Vedāh;
Swasti Nastāksharyo Arishtanemih, Swasti No Brihaspatir-dadhātu.
Om, Shānti Shānti Shānti.

Om, May we hear what is Auspicious with our ears, Oh Gods
May we see what is Auspicious With our eyes, Oh holy ones worthy of Worship
May we live a life of satisfaction with strong organs and Healthy body
May we Praise the Lord during the life span given to us by the Gods
May God Indra of Great fame bless us
May the Omnicient Poosha bless us
May the Protector Garuda bless us
May Lord Brihaspati protect us
Om, Peace, Peace, Peace.
http://aumamen.com/mantra/om-bhadram-karnebhih-shrinuyama-devah

Sorry, back to gravitation. I am a zero energy person. And thanks for your effort to clear the doubt about virus at your site. Now I can enter without any fear. Yes, I wanted to know more about it before we got side-tracked.
Checked it is clear.

Last edited:

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suggest you read 'A brief History of time'.
Why? It's popular physics. It's not physics literature. Try reviewing the latest releases from the Particle Data Group, who are responsible for periodically issuing the preeminent report on our current knowledge of fundamental physics and whose Review of Particle Physics reports serve as the definitive source for all current knowledge of fundamental interactions, current progress in theoretical physics relating to fundamental interactions (both constituents/fermions and forces/bosons), and in general the cutting edge of high energy physics/particle physics/theoretical physics/etc.
You read popular literature. I prefer the actual physics literature. Gravitons are not only illusive in terms of any possible detection, but actually pose a fundamental problem for the entirety of modern particle, cosmological, astronomical, and theoretical physics. All other mediators of forces in the standard model are "particles" (bosonic fields) which exist against the backdrop of "space" or "spacetime". Gravitons are supposed to be the quanta of gravitational fields, but the problem is that our best model of gravitation isn't "background" but dynamic: gravitational fields interact with and are literally shaped by interactions they are supposed to be mediators of (their topological properties and the geometric structure of localized regions of the non-Euclidean manifold(s) that "are" gravitational fields alter in the presence of matter or fermions, rather than mediate). So we not only lack any empirical evidence for the existence of gravitons, we lack any theory that could account for them. But there is no theory of gravitation that currently is testable, except those that have failed all tests (e.g., Newtonian gravitation), that might serve as a theory of gravitation in fundamental physics.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"the assumption that everything moves at the maximum velocity of light has apparently already been proven incorrect in the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen experiments. These experiments Einstein himself took part in, but then refuted for no discernable reason. So it is widely assumed that the logical connections in Einstein’s theories are sacrosanct, when actually they are not universally accepted."
Gravitational Waves & General Relativity
This is from your site. You really should look this stuff up before you make statements such as the above. First, EPR didn't perform any experiments. EPR is a paper, published in 1935 based on an idea developed initially by Einstein but formulated into a specific example with the help of his co-authors and written largely by the formal logician of the trio. Second, the paper was an attempt to show that quantum mechanics must be incomplete, because it predicted theoretical outcomes that it could not account for. Specifically, singlet states could be prepared that were, according to QM, single systems yet which possessed seperable properties measurable by experiments. Bohm, in his textbook Quantum Theory, reformulated the idea into the form it is almost always presented in: that of spin states of paired photons in a singlet state. The theory describes such a system as a single entity, but of course the actual individual photons can be and have been observed in actual experiments such that a measurement of the system in one location means that the outcome of measurement yet to be performed is somehow determined instantaneously by the observation in the first location.
Third, EPR didn't show (or prove) that the velocity of light is the maximum velocity (in fact, nobody believes this- rather, nothing with mass can travel faster than light nor can signals propagate faster than light but there exist theoretical entities like tachyons which must always travel faster than light). Rather, they attempted to show that quantum mechanics contained within it the possibility of learning the outcome of a measurement of a quantum system without it being measured. Hence the operation definition in the paper of objective reality in the terms used.
Fourth, Einstein didn't "take part" in any of these imaginary "experiments", he was the initiator and was primarily responsible for the whole of EPR, which again was not an experiment but a paper. He showed that QM allowed for measurements in one location at some time t forced possible but as yet unrealized measurement outcomes of the same system to have definite values despite the uncertainty principle and (more importantly) in contradiction to the representation of the system in QM, which did not yield or even really allow for such a value to be definite.