• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravitas Plus: Erdogan's quest for Islamic domination

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I did not know much about what happened in Turkey. In only 7 minutes the Indian Gravitas newsreader gives a clear picture what goes on in Turkey. Good to know for me ... only 3000 km away from Holland. Some say "keep your enemies close", in case of Erdogan, I rather keep him as far away as possible.

I was not aware, it's so bad in Turkey with Erdogan. Could be Hitler incarnate again, if I hear all this
I could not find anything negative about "Gravitas Plus", so maybe this is "real news, not fake news"
(IF it is real it sounds really bad)

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member

I did not know much about what happened in Turkey. In only 7 minutes the Indian Gravitas newsreader gives a clear picture what goes on in Turkey. Good to know for me ... only 3000 km away from Holland. Some say "keep your enemies close", in case of Erdogan, I rather keep him as far away as possible.

I was not aware, it's so bad in Turkey with Erdogan. Could be Hitler incarnate again, if I hear all this
I could not find anything negative about "Gravitas Plus", so maybe this is "real news, not fake news"

Don't rely on sources you know nothing about.

Is this story, whatever it is, corroborated by a reputable source?

If not, do not post it on internet forums. You risk spreading fake news.

Could be Hitler incarnate again

Hitler analogies for 3rd rate military powers are not meaningful.

Erdogan is a ****, but a lot of the posturing is due to domestic weakness meaning he aims for petty symbolic victories like Hagia Sophia to distract from his failings, as for the resource disputes, the territorial boundaries in the sea are far from clear cut (look at the map) and if your country was in a similar situation, most people would want their leader to stake a claim.

I could not find anything negative about "Gravitas Plus"

You thought that looked like fair-minded journalism aiming for a balanced presentation of the issues?

stvdv

Don't rely on sources you know nothing about.

Is this story, whatever it is, corroborated by a reputable source?

If not, do not post it on internet forums. You risk spreading fake news.
As I said, I found nothing negative. So, I assume it's good (as good as news can be anyway)
But if you know something I don't know, about "Gravitas" then please let me know
So far, I have watched quite a few, and the facts were the same as other newspaper

stvdv

You thought that looked like fair-minded journalism aiming for a balanced presentation of the issues?
I do know:
1) "Turkey's president has compared German officials to Nazis"
2) "Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described the Dutch government as "Nazi remnants and fascists""
3) Erdogan accuses India of an obstacle to Peace etc (in this video)

It seems to me, that he likes to accuse others of what he does wrong.
We had some big problems with him in the past

So, I think the picture given in the youtube won't be too far from the truth

exchemist

Veteran Member
As I said, I found nothing negative. So, I assume it's good (as good as news can be anyway)
But if you know something I don't know, about "Gravitas" then please let me know
So far, I have watched quite a few, and the facts were the same as other newspaper
It's not up to me to research unknown "news" sources, or to watch YouTube videos.

But if whatever it says is corroborated by reliable sources then fair enough.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As Rose De Witt Bukater told Mr Ismay on the Titanic...
I would tell this to Mr Erdogan:
"I see you restlessly talk about the greatness of the Ottoman Empire, mr President.
... Have you ever heard of Freud? His ideas about the male's preoccupation with size might be of particular intetest to you".

LoL...:p:p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Btw...very interesting video, @stdv.
At 5:27 it is just indescribable .

exchemist

Veteran Member
As Rose De Witt Bukater told Mr Ismay on the Titanic...
I would tell this to Mr Erdogan:
"I see you restlessly talk about the greatness of the Ottoman Empire, mr President.
... Have you ever heard of Freud? His ideas about the male's preoccupation with size might be of particular intetest to you".

LoL...:p:p

I've always thought Kate Winslet rather gorgeous:twohearts:.

When it comes to Erdogan, he is busy wrecking the Turkish economy with his insane idea that lowering the central bank interest rate will bring down inflation :confused: - and has appointed his son-in-law as finance minister to ensure it happens. [cue circus music and clowns]

stvdv

Btw...very interesting video, @stdv.
At 5:27 it is just indescribable .
Thanks. Yes, that part struck me too, Erdogan giving lectures to India on how to treat minorities
So far this channels feel the cleanest/trustworthy news I have seen

When watching this, and creating the OP, I thought of you. You live very close to Turkey (as compared to me). I think the Pope might keep a close eye on Erdogan (I remember the Pope once saying that he fears physical harm; I can relate to that, also my least favorite). Is Turkey mentioned/seen as a potential threat in Italy (or by you), or do Italians trust Erdogan?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Thanks. Yes, that part struck me too, Erdogan giving lectures to India on how to treat minorities
So far this channels feel the cleanest/trustworthy news I have seen

When watching this, and creating the OP, I thought of you. You live very close to Turkey (as compared to me). I think the Pope might keep a close eye on Erdogan (I remember the Pope once saying that he fears physical harm; I can relate to that, also my least favorite). Is Turkey mentioned/seen as a potential threat in Italy (or by you), or do Italians trust Erdogan?

We have never had issues with Turks. Many Turks live in Italy....like a great director...Özpetek.
The truth is that Erdogan has never hidden that his dream is to recreate the Ottoman Empire.

As for the Pope...I have nothing to say since ours is a secular Republic and the Vatican is nothing but a foreign country to us.

stvdv

Don’t Underestimate The Vatican’s Power In Italian Politics
We have never had issues with Turks. Many Turks live in Italy....like a great director...Özpetek.
Good to hear. Here in Holland we also don't have problems. But people living nearby usually know more accurate info, so thanks for sharing
I only remember Erdogan making headlines once in the Netherlands ("Erdogan to Turks: Don’t vote for ‘fascists’ in Dutch election")

The truth is that Erdogan has never hidden that his dream is to recreate the Ottoman Empire.
Dreams are innocent, unless it becomes reality. I would not vote for Ottoman Empire. And never trust someone with such a dream
Was the Ottoman Empire cruel?
Far from contributing to humanity, the Ottoman Empire was well-known for its cruelty to humanity. ... One need not go back far into history to know this. The massacre of millions of Armenians in the early 1900s is a good enough testimony of my argument.

As for the Pope...I have nothing to say since ours is a secular Republic and the Vatican is nothing but a foreign country to us.
Seems a nice Pope. I always assumed that He has influenced Italy. So, I assumed wrong.
Google gave me "Don’t Underestimate The Vatican’s Power In Italian Politics"
So, would you say that this is not true?
(Just curious about the Pope influence)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Unless Kate Winslet is in it:)
Well....er.....yes! I'm only human, and she has - or had when she was young - a sort of girl-next-door attractiveness I find irresistible. I found Jenny Agutter the same. The sort of girl you can imagine walking to the pub with and then kissing on the way home.