• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got schooled by a Muslim on a tricycle

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I was drunk in Buffalo New York trying to get into a mosque of all places to pray.

A child from Bangladesh, clothed in a kufi and Bedouin robes, pulled up on a tricycle.

I asked him, is there another mosque I can go to?

He smiled and said, praise Allah in your room!
lebanese-judge-orders-3-muslims-to-memorize-quran-verses-1518427586-5501.jpg

It was one of those aha moments.

Allah is no more present in a mosque or church than he is in your room and in your heart!

That said, the Catholic belief is that Christ is presents body blood soul and Divinity in the Eucharist, which is kept in a tabernacle at every Catholic Church.

So there is a belief that he is more presents in that building.

If you are Catholic, do you believe that?

I'm struggling to believe it. I would think, if Catholics have the body and blood of Jesus Christ, why are Catholics not on average acting more edifying than people of other faiths or no faith?

As much as I despise Islam, I prefer the company of Muslims at a mosque than I do Church.

It's just kind of a rush knowing that I'm an Infidel hanging out at a Muslim House of Prayer.

There is something about that sense of danger, and getting close to something scary that motivates me.

That's why I like big spiders. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Also, Muslims in America may feel despised.

I figured my presence as a non-muslim made them feel better about Americans. I regret showing up drunk and on drugs though. :confused:

I didn't start despising Islam until after reading the Quran twice.

Most of the book is not bad. But rat poison, is more than 90% good healthy food. the small amount of poison is what makes it lethal.

My favorite verse in the Quran, is that a leaf does not fall from the tree without Allah willing it or knowing about it.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
In Islam they find it important: Positioning the deceased so that the head is faced towards Mecca

Obvious must have to do that they believe Allah is in Mecca I think. And then the question arises: Where is Allah not?

Edit: Thank you @Epic Beard Man for your friendly correction
Where did you come up with this nonsense? Muslims honor the house that Abraham built nothing more. Study some time, it helps.

Last edited:

stvdv

I was drunk in Buffalo New York trying to get into a mosque of all places to pray.
A child from Bangladesh, clothed in a kufi and Bedouin robes, pulled up on a tricycle.
I asked him, is there another mosque I can go to?
He smiled and said, praise Allah in your room!
An non-practicing alcoholic once told me "Alcoholics always lie". Not sure if he meant when they are sober or when they are drunk. Some say "Drunk people speak the truth"

So you were drunk at that moment, I would not be surprised that "God in disguise as a child" showed up to you at the time you were drunk and thus "open for the truth."

stvdv

So there is a belief that he is more presents in that building.
If you are Catholic, do you believe that?
I'm struggling to believe it. I would think, if Catholics have the body and blood of Jesus Christ, why are Catholics not on average acting more edifying than people of other faiths or no faith?

This building question/analogy is for all I think.
Once my master asked me "where is God"
That was the last time I tried to be a smart-*** and said "God is everywhere"
Immediately came the forceful outburst "What are you doing here, get OUT, go home to your country"
I stuttered "That is what you say, but I don't understand this"
Immediately came the soft reply "Aha, very good. You can stay as long as you want"

Pffff, that was a close call almost being thrown out of the ashram

= = =

Back to the question. When our faith is little, we are like a small plant that needs protection and confirmation. Like minded people are helpful. When strong you can do without.

A wonderful analogy: "First you are in the Light. Next the Light is in you. Finally you are the Light."

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Obvious must have to do that they believe Allah is in Mecca I think. And then the question arises: Where is Allah not?

Where did you come up with this nonsense? Muslims honor the house that Abraham built nothing more. Study some time, it helps.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Every Muslim who is able-bodied and has the money to do so, is required to make a pilgrimage to Mecca.

That doesn't mean allah is more present there, but it does mean it is an extremely sacred place they sort of have to go to.

Not to mention though, there's nothing holy about Saudi Arabia. It's a total cesspit where it is easy to get away with raping a woman.

A raped woman needs 5 male witnesses to testify. If not, she goes to jail for adultery. what rape is going to have five male witnesses that watch and do nothing about it? The witnesses would almost have to agree with it to be present for it.

Last edited by a moderator: