• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got allergies? You don't have to keep them anymore

Booko

Deviled Hen
Hi y'all! Some of you may remember me from when I was a regular on here (wow, I'm still on the top 5 posters list?) and if so might remember that my daughter and I both had pretty severe food allergies (dairy and corn).

Well, I found some exciting news and wanted to get back on here and let anyone here with allergies, food or other sorts, know that you don't have to live with them anymore.

The corn allergy was pretty bad, and you probably have little idea just how pervasive it is, but let's just say anyone with a severe corn allergy ends up being little more than a recluse, so when I found out about this on a corn allergy forum I went for it straight away, even though it required a significant road trip.

This treatment was developed in Australia about 12 years ago and is now being introduced in the U.S. I gather they're aiming to do the clinical trials required for FDA approval and whatnot.

At any rate, you can find more info about it here and also locations where there are clinics: AAT Worldwide.

My daughter and I started treatments back in September and have gone a few times, and now we can eat anything like normal people with no reaction at all.

When the website says it's totally noninvasive, they mean it. You don't feel anything during the treatment, and rarely feel anything afterwards. You stay away from the offending substance for about 24 hours and then try something out.

We went to the clinic in South Carolina. I highly recommend Dr. Haramboulous if anyone's within range of him. He's a great guy.

Well, I could say a lot more, but this is getting pretty long as it is.

I strongly encourage anyone here with allergies -- airborne, food, pets, anything at all, to check this out. In the long run, it isn't even expensive.

If anyone has any questions, ask away. I"ll try to be back on here to answer, or feel free to email me if I don't show up in a timely fashion.

Bucket

Thank you for the information! I have some allergies as do others in my family. I see from your link that there is a clinic near me.I hope you continue to do well!Susie

Booko

Deviled Hen
Thank you for the information! I have some allergies as do others in my family. I see from your link that there is a clinic near me.I hope you continue to do well!Susie

Good luck, Susie! I hope it works out for you.

So far my daughter, my husband, myself and a couple of my good friends have all tried this and it's worked for us all like a charm.

I will say, the nearest clinic to me is near Hilton Head. I can't really complain about the cost of the trip, since it's legal to take it as a medical tax deduction. Now there's a nice excuse to hit the beach and save money at the same time, eh? :angel2: