• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gospels’ Errors: There is no son of God or Trinity.

Repox

Truth Seeker
None of the gospels preceding the four NT gospels make mention of a single "Jesus story" or narrative written by NT authors. Nor do we find a single “Jesus story” in any historical documents or references. Those prior books or references are about "Jesus sayings." NT Gospel authors created those narratives. It is also interesting to learn about early church leaders. In order to promote the four gospels, they destroyed as many of those early gospels they could find. Fortunately, a few of those gospels escaped destruction; they question the legitimacy of the four NT gospels.

What if Jesus was God, and not the son of God? Most of the NT would be false; it would be a conglomeration of misguided and irrelevant verses. Assuming there is no son of God, the Trinity would also be false. What a "holy" predicament!

Rise

There are no gospels preceding the aurhentic ones in the NT. Go ahead and try to prove any of the fake gospels are older. You won't be able to, because no one else has been able to either. All they can do is speculate based on thier biases and flawed presumptions.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think the Godhead was a vulgar attempt to keep people believing in the power of the Universe and God as a person.
As a Raelian, I believe this can now enable people to recognize that the person was Aliens and the Universe was the forces behind it.

DavidFirth

None of the gospels preceding the four NT gospels make mention of a single "Jesus story" or narrative written by NT authors. Nor do we find a single “Jesus story” in any historical documents or references. Those prior books or references are about "Jesus sayings." NT Gospel authors created those narratives. It is also interesting to learn about early church leaders. In order to promote the four gospels, they destroyed as many of those early gospels they could find. Fortunately, a few of those gospels escaped destruction; they question the legitimacy of the four NT gospels.

What if Jesus was God, and not the son of God? Most of the NT would be false; it would be a conglomeration of misguided and irrelevant verses. Assuming there is no son of God, the Trinity would also be false. What a "holy" predicament!

It is truly amazing that every one of the authors of the NT died rather than recant their witness or their teaching. Some of them died horribly rather than recant. Peter was crucified upside down.

You prove to me even one of them was lying or politely just shut up.

Repox

Truth Seeker
It is truly amazing that every one of the authors of the NT died rather than recant their witness or their teaching. Some of them died horribly rather than recant. Peter was crucified upside down.

You prove to me even one of them was lying or politely just shut up.
There is no historical record for the four NT gospel authors dying horribly. Also, there is no historical record of Peter dying from crucifixion, it was one of many fabrications to enhance reputations of Jesus followers.

Jeremiah Ames

Ok, found this on Wikipedia.

According to Edward Gibbon, early Christians (second half of the second century and first half of the third century) believed that only Peter, Paul, and James, son of Zebedee, were martyred.[24] The remainder of the claims of martyred apostles do not rely upon historical or biblical evidence.[25][26]

MohammadPali

Paul the apostle, nobody knows how he died, he disappeared, stephen the apostle was stoned, james the just(half brother of jesus) was thrown off the pinncal of the temple, and then stoned, beaten and hit with a wood over the head yelling, "Lord they don't know any better"

Peter was crucified upside down, and I bet you paul was there, because paul, saul, simon magus, abba gullish where all the same person, paul, is 3 or 4 people, and an apostate. Theres just too many coincidences with this man, a jew, a pharisee of the same stock as other jews from jerusalem, yet he was from tarsus, turkey, changed his name because he healed a friend named paul on the way to rome. There just doesn't make sense with this man. Hes 3 people at least.

Theres another pagan man around the same time spoke the same way as paul, hes in the talmud, abba gullish, he used to talk like paul, say words like my brethen, my kinsmen. Hes the same man. And he was healed of blindless the same way as paul IN DAMASCUS.

And sometimes the gentile christian used to call paul ABBA SAUL.

Grandliseur

You have the right to your opinion. Once you feel you have the right to dispense with books in the Bible, you loose all means of salvation since it is through that that we may gain the faith and knowledge to understand what is required for salvation.

All you have left is the word of atheism, the godless gospel of humans destroying the earth and making it unfit for human habitation.
But, that is your choice. You are welcome to it. Your path is your own and not mine.

Repox

Truth Seeker
You have the right to your opinion. Once you feel you have the right to dispense with books in the Bible, you loose all means of salvation since it is through that that we may gain the faith and knowledge to understand what is required for salvation.

All you have left is the word of atheism, the godless gospel of humans destroying the earth and making it unfit for human habitation.
But, that is your choice. You are welcome to it. Your path is your own and not mine.
I think you make a lot out of it. I am not an atheist, I believe Jesus was God, not the son of God. Leaders of the Jesus movement made up son of God stories resulting in NT gospels. Here is one of several references, The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack.

Grandliseur

I think you make a lot out of it. I am not an atheist, I believe Jesus was God, not the son of God. Leaders of the Jesus movement made up son of God stories resulting in NT gospels. Here is one of several references, The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack.
That is a difference with a twist -- that you aren't atheist.
I don't think that improves on the problem at all. Again, we all stand in front of the judgment seat at some point.

The problem is - that if you believe in God, as you claim to do, then you must also believe that he has the power and will to keep his believers supplied with his word. While there are ancient texts that may be read that do not contradict our Bible (which is a must), God has seen fit to provide Christians with a known set of material we know as the Bible.

So, how you can justify dismissing some and approving of others, is again your choice. John warned us to test the inspired writings against what already had been handed down. If these new inspired writing oppose the former, they are to be rejected. For this reason, what is now known as the book of Enoch, I reject - because it contains big contradictions to what has been handed down.
It is your choice, as I also have mine.
God bless.

Repox

Truth Seeker
That is a difference with a twist -- that you aren't atheist.
I don't think that improves on the problem at all. Again, we all stand in front of the judgment seat at some point.

The problem is - that if you believe in God, as you claim to do, then you must also believe that he has the power and will to keep his believers supplied with his word. While there are ancient texts that may be read that do not contradict our Bible (which is a must), God has seen fit to provide Christians with a known set of material we know as the Bible.

So, how you can justify dismissing some and approving of others, is again your choice. John warned us to test the inspired writings against what already had been handed down. If these new inspired writing oppose the former, they are to be rejected. For this reason, what is now known as the book of Enoch, I reject - because it contains big contradictions to what has been handed down.
It is your choice, as I also have mine.
God bless.
There so many "holy" men one doesn't know what to do. The big contradiction is God's chosen people (Judaism) and the "newer" religion (Christianity), it really makes one's head spin, ha. ha.
I don't think God is insane, he began with His religion, and then "creative" religious fanatics began "their" religion. I think Jesus was the Messiah mentioned in the OT. What blows off the cover for Christianity is the real story about the four NT gospels, it was a really messy way establishing a new religion. What we have are good reasons for Anti-Semitism. Jesus was Jewish, not gentile. God (Jesus) came to give testimony to Jews. It is the same old story, people get it mixed up when words don't come out the way they want. To sort out the confusion, they rewrite the story to make it more appealing.