• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gospel preached to the dead

Spiderman

Veteran Member
1 Peter 4:6
New Living Translation
That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead--so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit."

This verse tells me a good atheist who follows their conscience will get to heaven because the truth will fully be given to them after death. That's what God told me today :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1 Peter 4:6
New Living Translation
That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead--so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit."

This verse tells me a good atheist who follows their conscience will get to heaven because the truth will fully be given to them after death. That's what God told me today :)

When I became a atheist, I had to stop talking with God. I think that's in the atheist handbook somewhere.

Faithofchristian

The dead are those that do not believe in God or Christ Jesus they are considered Spiritually dead.To God and Christ Jesus.

Like the Atheists, they are considered dead. That is Spiritually dead.

And if there be any other people, that do not believe in God or Christ Jesus they are considered dead. Spiritually dead unto God and Christ Jesus.

In the bible ( Scriptures ) they are known also as dead in Christ Jesus. Being Spiritually dead to Christ Jesus.

Take that of 1 Thess 4:16--"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first"

Note "The dead in Christ shall rise first"
These being those who do not believe in God or Christ Jesus.
Like the Atheists, they do not believe in God or Christ Jesus.

They will rise first, to be taken to Judgement.to received their rewards for what they have done in their life time.

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught ( catch ) up with them to meet the Lord in the spirit.to received our rewards as to what we have done in our life time.

Revelation 22:11-12
"he that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
And, behold I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be"