• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP lawmaker uses prayer as politicized attack before muslim sworn in.

whirlingmerc

I saw a clip of it. It happened because some were ****´n and moan´n because Christians used the name Jesus in their prayers.

We cannot do otherwise, a prayer is invalid without asking in Christs name.

Christians recognize their failings and ask for forgiveness and better control related to them.

She certainly made her point.

A Christian prayer is what it is, as a Buddhist prayer is what it is.

No one should make a habit of saying His name every third word.

But this was a peaceful protest, leave it there.

I don't see a problem with the prayer given.

whirlingmerc

Complete sentence, please.

Someone from the house of representatives is supposed to represent their constituencies and there is a significant amount of christian constituencies.

I understand you self identify with heathen, but a considerable amount of her constituency does not.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Someone from the house of representatives is supposed to represent their constituencies and there is a significant amount of christian constituencies.

I understand you self identify with heathen, but a considerable amount of her constituency does not.

You can represent your constituents while respecting the constitution and practicing a sense of civility and decorum, unless sanctimonious grandstanding is a prerequisite for your faith. Is it impossible for christians to accept that non-christians are also american citizens who can vote as well as be elected?

Again, go read Matthew 6:5-8

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

But I doubt very much that all of her constituents are of the evangelical, exclusive, Trump supporter sort of Christian. So she is unlikely to be representing all of them.
And while it's possible that her insult to the new member( and everyone else that isn't that ugly sort of Christian) was unintentional, it certainly was thoughtless at best.
You can believe things without saying them.
Tom