• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP lawmaker uses prayer as politicized attack before muslim sworn in.

shmogie

I saw a clip of it. It happened because some were ****´n and moan´n because Christians used the name Jesus in their prayers.

We cannot do otherwise, a prayer is invalid without asking in Christs name.

Christians recognize their failings and ask for forgiveness and better control related to them.

She certainly made her point.

A Christian prayer is what it is, as a Buddhist prayer is what it is.

No one should make a habit of saying His name every third word.

But this was a peaceful protest, leave it there.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I saw a clip of it. It happened because some were ****´n and moan´n because Christians used the name Jesus in their prayers.

Christians recognize their failings and ask for forgiveness and better control related to them.

You're being disingenuous. It wasn't just some general prayer. It was obviously crafted to target and slight the fact that a muslim was being sworn in. Besides, wouldn't using prayer as a form of politicized protest (protesting what, exactly? The First Amendment?) be considered blasphemous? I don't think Jesus would appreciate the evocation of his name being used in such a manner. The U.S. isn't a Christian theocracy. It wasn't intended to be one nor will it ever become one. She needs to get over it or resign.

Go read Matthew 6:5-8

PureX

Veteran Member
I think that using one's religion as an excuse to insult and belittle others is a very common activity among those with low character. So, that would be most politicians, if they fancied themselves religious. It does seem that for some reason it's almost always the republicans engaging in this obnoxious stunt, as of late, however.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think that using one's religion as an excuse to insult and belittle others is a very common activity among those with low character. So, that would be most politicians, if they fancied themselves religious. It does seem that for some reason it's almost always the republicans engaging in this obnoxious stunt, as of late, however.

To shamelessly use their religion in such a fashion they must believe that their own god is of equally low character.

sooda

Veteran Member
You're being disingenuous. It wasn't just some general prayer. It was obviously crafted to target and slight the fact that a muslim was being sworn in. Besides, wouldn't using prayer as a form of politicized protest (protesting what, exactly? The First Amendment?) be considered blasphemous? I don't think Jesus would appreciate the evocation of his name being used in such a manner. The U.S. isn't a Christian theocracy. It wasn't intended to be one nor will it ever become one. She needs to get over it or resign.

Go read Matthew 6:5-8

Tells you that the person making the prayer is NOT tuned into the US Constitution or American principles.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

The fact they did it just before a Muslim was sworn in is what we call "passive aggressive behavior."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I would also not use that clinical diagnosis to describe what happened. I'd call it an example of fear, wrath and falsehood. And given that Trump and Israel were mentioned, it is not a prayer, at least according to the Bible.