• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

F1fan

Veteran Member
"New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines."

One member of the 3 member commission laughed at the SC order. Another will be in Washington, DC for his sentencing for his participation in the Jan 6 riot. The distrust of Dominion voting machines is a result of Trump's claims of voting fraud and his ongoing influence in politics. FOX, Guiliani, Mike Lindell, OAN, Sidney Powell are being sued by Dominion for election conspiracies against them.

Is this the first example of what we can expect in 2024 by MAGA Republicans who are on commissions and election boards, and refuse to certify election results that do not go their way?

What will happen if these officials refuse to follow the laws? Chaos? Or will the law and democracy prevail?

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
"New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines."

One member of the 3 member commission laughed at the SC order. Another will be in Washington, DC for his sentencing for his participation in the Jan 6 riot. The distrust of Dominion voting machines is a result of Trump's claims of voting fraud and his ongoing influence in politics. FOX, Guiliani, Mike Lindell, OAN, Sidney Powell are being sued by Dominion for election conspiracies against them.

Is this the first example of what we can expect in 2024 by MAGA Republicans who are on commissions and election boards, and refuse to certify election results that do not go their way?

What will happen if these officials refute to follow the laws? Chaos? Or will the law and democracy prevail?
In related news:

U.S. Added To Annual List Of ‘Backsliding’ Democracies For First Time

"A republic - if you can keep it."

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Yes, this is exactly what to expect. I'm not hopeful this will be any different.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What will happen if these officials refute to follow the laws? Chaos? Or will the law and democracy prevail?
I wouldn't trust the crap dominion voting machines either. Dont blame them.

Dominion Voting Systems - Wikipedia

Cyber agency: Voting software vulnerable in some states

F1fan

Veteran Member

Well if conservatives don’t trust the voting machines I guess they can stay home on election day.

So your distrust is possible security problems and not what MAGA republicans are saying is deliberate fraud by Dominion?

Do you think they are not aware of the risk? Do you think they are not working to make the voting systems as reliable as they were shown to be during the 2020 election?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

They broke the law. I blame them.

And you ignored what that article you cited said but are basing your distrust on generalized paranoia.

The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency, or CISA, said there is no evidence the flaws in the Dominion Voting Systems’ equipment have been exploited to alter election results. The advisory is based on testing by a prominent computer scientist and expert witness in a long-running lawsuit that is unrelated to false allegations of a stolen election pushed by former President Donald Trump after his 2020 election loss.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
New Mexico also has a Vote by Mail option with real paper ballots if they don't like the paperless voting machines. It might be the way to go in the future, if election officials refuse to certify paperless systems.

Orbit

I'm a planet

What will happen if these officials refuse to follow the laws? Chaos? Or will the law and democracy prevail?

Update:State Supreme Court orders Otero County Commission to certify primary election results

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Looking less and less likely that they'll keep that republic, doesn't it?

Democracy is one of those magical things -- like money. What's a piece of paper money worth? The value of the paper? Or what's written on it? Well, if a very young child found it lying on the floor, it would perhaps be interesting for several minutes, and then maybe flushed down the toilet in a childish test -- along with the goldfish. The invention of "notes," paper money, has at its very heart that we believe in it's value. I'm willing to give you my favourite antique for a piece of paper, only because I believe in it's value. When I give it to the shoemaker for a new pair of blue suede shoes, he accepts because he believes it, too.

Well, that's what democracy is. We have to believe in it. We have to believe it is the best way to achieve the best end for the most people, and that we can do it fairly and honestly. Lose that belief? Then we'll by like the poor blighter in some dictatorship pretending to be democratic, who looks at the piece of paper (ballot) in his hand and thinks, "what the hell good is this going to do me." Then makes an "X" without even knowing what it was for.

And he will have been right -- it will do him no good at all.

And that's what America has to get back -- their belief in democracy. And I'm not sure they can do it.

Twilight Hue

Many of them have been rechecked with nothing found that would indicate any wrongdoing.
Well for now maybe. There's no question however that any and all software is prone to hacking and in turn be compromised.

Twilight Hue

Well if conservatives don’t trust the voting machines I guess they can stay home on election day.

So your distrust is possible security problems and not what MAGA republicans are saying is deliberate fraud by Dominion?

Do you think they are not aware of the risk? Do you think they are not working to make the voting systems as reliable as they were shown to be during the 2020 election?
So what's wrong with voting like they always did in the past?

You know the saying, "Don't fix what's not broken".

F1fan

Veteran Member
So what's wrong with voting like they always did in the past?
The inefficiency of it.

Do you have any evidence that voting machines are flawed?

You know the saying, "Don't fix what's not broken".
Feel free to enjoy driving your Model T Ford. Enjoy your muzzle load musket. Right?

Progress doesn't mean things are broken. It means there are better and more efficient ways to make and do things.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Um...

You kind of need the hardware to run the software.

It's kind of goes together.
So you did not use hardware to post? That's bloody amazing! You should tell us all how to do that -- you could get very rich.

Obviously, you misunderstood my point. Your posts are the consequence of you using hardware, on which there is software that can get your thoughts out to the rest of us. You know, sort of like the hardware and software that get people's votes counted?

But if you're going to assume that if it's about votes, it's likely to be compromised, but if it's only you claiming that Republicans are closest to God, it can't be --- well, then, you're being disingenuous.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Regarding e-voting vs paper ballots, paper money, and belief: cryptocurrency is not accepted by everyone, so I can see the analogy of someone not accepting e-voting. Personally, I'm not into electronic voting machines, having used them once, where the touch screen was not well calibrated and had difficulty accurately reading my vote.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Republicans are a clear and present danger to America and democratic values.
Don't let them fundamentally transform our country