• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google Is Stupid

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I Googled 'Isis poster' under shopping, and it's always 'Sorry, no results' for anything with 'Isis poster' in.

Same result with DuckDuckGo, so maybe it's not Google responsible?

I went on Bing (which has been my search engine of choice for years now) and searched under shopping for 'Isis poster,' 'goddess Isis poster,' 'Isis goddess poster,' and 'Egyptian Isis goddess poster.' No results. Even 'Isis Osiris poster' does not produce anything. Interestingly, searching for 'daesh poster' gives some results, but not anything to do with that organization.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Many of those images are posters, you have to go to the site of origin to find out.
Yes, I know how it works.

But certain searches for 'Isis' don't work because Google is stopping folks who it thinks are searching for a terrorist group.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, I know how it works.

But certain searches for 'Isis' don't work because Google is stopping folks who it thinks are searching for a terrorist group.
The filters, much like the XenForo swearword filter, are "dumb". They don't know context, only a very limited combination of words.

Yazata

I just tried "Isis goddess poster" under "shopping" on Duckduckgo and got "no results"

(I put "goddess" in the search to prevent it from sending me to weird radical-Islamic sites.)

Then I tried the same search as a general search and got lots of results.

Lots of Isis posters for sale on a variety of art sites.

poster isis goddess at DuckDuckGo

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yes, I now how it works.

I found a way to get it done:

Fool Google by using "Isis pooster":D below

You get your results because Google "knows" you meant "poster" but assumes you made a typo

Hence

Don't click on "did you mean: isis poster":p below

Isis-pooster.jpg

Last edited:

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I Googled 'Isis poster' under shopping, and it's always 'Sorry, no results' for anything with 'Isis poster' in.

She's one of the most well-known Goddesses, Google!!! Get your act together! We're not talking about a terror group poster!!
Silly. All you needed to do was google Isis goddess. The very first answer was Isis is a goddess in Egyptian mythology. She was known as the goddess of the moon. As goddess of life and magic, Isis protected women and children, and healed the sick. Closely linked to the throne, she was one of the greatest goddesses of Ancient Egypt.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

She's one of the most well-known Goddesses, Google!!! Get your act together! We're not talking about a terror group poster!!
Why restrict yourself to "shopping?" I tried it just in Google, and these were my top results:

Isis Posters for Any Decor Style | Society6
https://society6.com › Wall Art › Posters

Design your everyday with isis posters you will love. They are unique, affordable and feature artwork from independent artists across the world.

Goddess Isis Posters | Redbubble
https://www.redbubble.com › Wall Art › Poster

Unique Goddess Isis Posters designed and sold by artists. Shop affordable wall art to hang in dorms, bedrooms, offices, or anywhere blank walls aren't ...

Isis Poster | Etsy Canada
https://www.etsy.com › market › isis_poster

Check out our isis poster selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our wall decor shops.

Laminated Egyptian Hieroglyphics Isis with Horned Crown ...
https://www.amazon.ca › Laminated-Egyptian-Hierogly...

Laminated Egyptian Hieroglyphics Isis with Horned Crown Ancient Sign Poster 12x18 inch :

night912

Then try searching for what she's known for, goddess.