• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye Zeffirelli.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
He was 96. Franco Zeffirelli was director of the stage and also opera's.
May God have mercy.

I love that the two video's posted feature the same great actress, Olivia Hussey. First as Juliet and then as Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Jesus of Nazareth is one of my favorite Christ films. The actor that portrayed Jesus, Robert Powell , was recently featured in a documentary wherein he visited the holy land and discussed with attending archaeologists, scholars and rabbi's the scripture and the Christ he portrayed.

June 15, 2019 Franco Zeffirelli, Director of ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ Dies at 96

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I absolutely love his Brother Sun, Sister Moon especially the scene where St. Francis meets the pope. It is, of course, not historical, but it portrays a truth beyond history - it speaks to the difference between real Christianity and Churchianity.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I absolutely love his Brother Sun, Sister Moon especially the scene where St. Francis meets the pope. It is, of course, not historical, but it portrays a truth beyond history - it speaks to the difference between real Christianity and Churchianity.

The video made me cry like a fountain...
Slightly sensitive...:p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And The soundtrack of that film was amazing

Sweet feeling in my heart,
Of Love, humbly, being born, right now.
Sweet understanding I am not alone any more
But that I am part of a immense life.
Who is generous, shines all around me
Gift from Him of His immense Love.
He gave us the sky and the bright stars,