• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye, Obama!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL, you allegedly put me on your ignore list close to a year ago, but you just keep coming back, like a moth to a flame. You and your like thinkers think gibberish somehow is superior to logic and reason. Reading what you two post is like reading a Laurel and Hardy treatise on the philosophy of Soren Kierkergarrd. Nonsense, but amusing. You two couldn't hit your butts with a hand full of sand.
What the hell are you talking about?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The guy who's trolling us in this thread. I can't remember his name and now that he's on ignore I can't see it.

Scuba Pete

I'm enjoying my week here in Cayman Brac, on the ScubaBoard Surge event with 66 of my closest friends. Living and diving in 3/4 time. It's gorgeous here. The sky is beautiful, the sun is bright and the water inviting. The haters will keep on hating while I'm having the time of my life. Somehow, I'm going to miss the inauguration festivities as I sip on an Island Girl or a Gin and Tonic. Sucks to be them. I'm happy to be me. :D :D :D

In other words: life's too short to deal with trolls and haters when I can just put them on ignore. It's a great feature and I suggest more should use it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm enjoying my week here in Cayman Brac, on the ScubaBoard Surge event with 66 of my closest friends. Living and diving in 3/4 time. It's gorgeous here. The sky is beautiful, the sun is bright and the water inviting. The haters will keep on hating while I'm having the time of my life. Somehow, I'm going to miss the inauguration festivities as I sip on an Island Girl or a Gin and Tonic. Sucks to be them. I'm happy to be me. :D :D :D

In other words: life's too short to deal with trolls and haters when I can just put them on ignore. It's a great feature and I suggest more should use it.
I hope someone farts in your tanks! :p

I couldn't even make it to Canada as planned as I came down sick. :(

Scuba Pete

I hope someone farts in your tanks! :p
I would love to watch someone try! I can see them as they have their backside up against the valve, they have their timing down just right to open the valve just as they cut loose with their gas. Then the 3,000 psi hits them, blowing past their orifice and inflates their intestines to the point of shredding them. Yeah, someone has tried that before but were only an honorable mention for the Darwin Award as they had kids!

esmith

Veteran Member

Then I would assume you would like to put that part of the world that you disagree with on "ignore". That way you don't have to deal with anything that you don't like.

Scuba Pete

Then I would assume
Yes, you would. You assume often, and so far most of the assumptions I have seen have been wrong. That's your problem. You want to fit me into your flawed paradigm. Instead of dealing with the reality, That way you deal with a mere caricature of your own imagination. One that you can vilify as you wish and with seeming impunity.

I've learned long ago that it's a waste of time to reason with unreasonable people. On top of that, I have no desire to interact with overly quarrelsome or mean spirited people as they harsh my mellow. I can deal with a difference of opinion, but I'm not going to put up with any of the other three. Does that really offend you? Here's a stunning revelation: I don't care. I have a finite amount of time and I'm not going to waste it on people I find overly obtuse or offensive. Do what you want in this respect: you know I am.

esmith

Veteran Member
Yes, you would. You assume often, and so far most of the assumptions I have seen have been wrong. That's your problem. You want to fit me into your flawed paradigm. Instead of dealing with the reality, That way you deal with a mere caricature of your own imagination. One that you can vilify as you wish and with seeming impunity.

I've learned long ago that it's a waste of time to reason with unreasonable people. On top of that, I have no desire to interact with overly quarrelsome or mean spirited people as they harsh my mellow. I can deal with a difference of opinion, but I'm not going to put up with any of the other three. Does that really offend you? Here's a stunning revelation: I don't care. I have a finite amount of time and I'm not going to waste it on people I find overly obtuse or offensive. Do what you want in this respect: you know I am.
Fine with me. When one grows older one tends to forgive those too young to understand the world.
However, I would like to ask you one question. I keep reading your post about your persistent need to associated President-elect Trump with the Russian government, now the question.
Is this your assumption or do you have proof?
Is this how you deal with your frustration, making a caricature of your own imagination into something that you can accept as reality?
To tell you the truth nothing much offends me. When you have been around as long as I have you tend to ignore the stupidity of people; most of the time.

shmogie

Then I would assume you would like to put that part of the world that you disagree with on "ignore". That way you don't have to deal with anything that you don't like.
Yes, that is a very typical tactic here. When your position, and thus your superiority is questioned, rather than using reason, you jin up a variety of "offenses" that, you think, allow you to condemn and withdraw. Pseudo superiority used to protect your "truth" when you cannot refute criticism with fact or evidence

Scuba Pete

I keep reading your post about your persistent need to associated President-elect Trump with the Russian government, now the question.
It's not a 'need', though I'm sure you would like to characterize it as that. The government, has shown beyond a reasonable doubt that Russians have interfered with our election in some of the most reprehensible ways possible. I find it quite ironic that the party with the strongest history of hating Russia finds their purposes aligned with our perennial adversary. As someone who has had an interest in Russia since college (Go Gators!) I find the compromised position Komrade Trump has found ,himself to be in, 2 phreakin phunni. The more Trump and the Right Wingers deny it, the phunnier it becomes. Next they'll be telling us that water is not wet.
making a caricature of your own imagination into something that you can accept as reality?
Don't we all to some degree? However, Komrade Trump just makes it incredibly easy to lampoon him with his constant Twitter fails. I have nothing but contempt for the bully bigot. He represents everything I abhor. As a public figure, he is fair game for my ridicule and scorn. I reserve a portion of that for those who blindly support him. You didn't have to be a bigot to vote Trump, but it certainly helped.
When you have been around as long as I have you tend to ignore the stupidity of people; most of the time.
In my business, inattention and stupidity gets you dead... quick. It's my job to keep people from hurting themselves. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm no spring chicken. I'm often the oldest or one of the oldest in a room. I got to where I'm at by paying attention to details and my environment. There are bold divers. There are old divers. There are no bold, old divers. IOW, there's not a lot of sexagenarians doing the dives I do. I'm not arrogant enough to think it can't happen to me. I'm simply cautious enough to make sure it doesn't. I try to impart that attitude to my students. There's nothing down there worth dying for, but it certainly does make you feel alive.

Eift: I've been diving 48 years this summer. I've never been seriously injured or bent while pursuing my passion. That's no accident. There are a number of divers I won't dive with. Why? I don't want to be the one to recover their bodies and I certainly don't want to give them a chance to kill me. I've buried too many friends from diving accidents. I'm certain it's the most hazardous sport in the world. Add cave diving and rebreather diving, and it's obvious I expose myself to death and injury constantly. It's no wonder I refuse to take needless chances and I simply won't dive with idiots. So no, I don't suffer fools lightly. If you're going to be one, I'll take steps to isolate you from myself.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
In my business, inattention and stupidity gets you dead... quick. It's my job to keep people from hurting themselves. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm no spring chicken. I'm often the oldest or one of the oldest in a room. I got to where I'm at by paying attention to details and my environment. There are bold divers. There are old divers. There are no bold, old divers. IOW, there's not a lot of sexagenarians doing the dives I do. I'm not arrogant enough to think it can't happen to me. I'm simply cautious enough to make sure it doesn't. I try to impart that attitude to my students. There's nothing down there worth dying for, but it certainly does make you feel alive.
In my previous profession, inattention and stupidity not only got you killed, it also could and would get those around you injured or dead.
I have no idea how old you are, but I'm no spring chicken
Well let me put it this way. Less than 7 months after Pearl Harbor I appeared.