• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good night

gnomon

It's been fun but I am a functioning alcoholic. I'm tired. I'm done. I don't think I'm contributing anything anymore to this forum. I'm sorry for anyone I have offended. I thank you for your consideration. Good night.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's been fun but I am a functioning alcoholic. I'm tired. I'm done. I don't think I'm contributing anything anymore to this forum. I'm sorry for anyone I have offended. I thank you for your consideration. Good night.
If you have offended me i forgive you. I wish you all well.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Take care.
You've never offended me.

Cooky

Veteran Member

I think your melodramatic humor is entertaining.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Take a break like I did.
I may take another one shortly. Significantly, because I notice that sometimes I do get a bit cavalier sometimes, and worry that I may be offensive, or at least insensitive.
I’ve never been offended by you.
Come back anytime. Even tomorrow :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My Master called me an alcoholic. That kind of took me by surprise, as I almost never drink alcohol, because I don't like it, except Baileys. But I do take His words serious, so I bought an alcohol breath tester, and to my big surprise it showed I drank alcohol, which I did not, maybe a few years prior I had my last little glass of Baileys. So, I started thinking (wow I am 24/7 alcoholic without being aware; being scientific minded I tested it all day I think), what would make this happen. Some more thinking made me figure out that it must be indigestion. So, I reduced my food intake and was not alcoholic anymore.

I am even more grateful to my Master giving me this heads-up, because a few days later I was stopped by the police for alcohol testing (first time in my life being stopped by police). I was a bit scared that maybe I ate something wrong which would show up, as it was so few days ago I changed diet. So, I told the police man, that I found out a few days ago about me blowing air like an alcoholic, and he smiled and said "yes we know that some people have this condition; don't worry", that was a nice confirmation, and luckily I had a clean test.

I am a food-aholic, eating more food than the body can digest. Not less than a problem than alcohol, overeating is very bad for health. And very difficult to get rid of this 40 year old habit, because I eat my suppressed emotions away. I found out that the main problem with me was, that I was made to believe by my parents that I was not good enough; they were always belittling me. I clearly told them that from now on I do not accept belittling comments anymore. I learned that on RF:). Since that day my "over eating" habit gets finally slowly under control.

I just want to let you know, that you do contribute good to RF. Just look at your signature, that is a good one, esp. for me "don't hoard"...food
"Everybody stay safe. Be kind. Don't hoard. Take care."

You have never offended me, and I wish you all the best. I can't say it any better than your own words:
"You stay safe. Be kind. Don't hoard. Take care."

Especially "be kind to myself" was an important lesson to me to learn, which took me decades to learn (still learning)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Have you sought support, professional or otherwise, for the alcoholism? I've noticed loads of organisations just by looking on Twitter, for instance.
As you say - stay safe and take care.

stvdv

I could think of one easily, but that is beyond the scope of "General Discussion" and this thread

Brian2

Veteran Member

From experience I know it is hard when anything like that grabs a hold of you and you can't shake it off, even if you are functioning. All the best.

stvdv

From experience I know it is hard when anything like that grabs a hold of you and you can't shake it off, even if you are functioning. All the best.
Same for me. And on top of that I like to control myself, so that made it even seem worse to me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You've always been civil to me.
And you have one of the best avatars on RF.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aha, so you are a cat-man; I never would have thought that;)
His avatar is not just any cat picture.
It sneers. It's wonderful.

But I do have cats (no dogs).
They're aloof, independent, low maintenance, & evil.