• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Our university has started a new department called Department of Climate Change and Mitigation. A few of us professors created the plan and proposed and it has been by our faculty Senate. I am now one of the joint faculty of this new department. :). My task is to teach about and conduct research on new energy technologies that reduce CO2 gas emissions. First university in India dedicated solely to climate change sciences and technology. Hope to make it successful.

:):)

David1967

Premium Member
Our university has started a new department called Department of Climate Change and Mitigation. A few of us professors created the plan and proposed and it has been by our faculty Senate. I am now one of the joint faculty of this new department. :). My task is to teach about and conduct research on new energy technologies that reduce CO2 gas emissions. First university in India dedicated solely to climate change sciences and technology. Hope to make it successful.

Best of luck to you on this new endeavor @sayak83 .:)

Reactions: Jim

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
Can someone please link me to where the 'climate scientists' calculate the impact (plus or minus) of our Sun
on the temperatures of our Earth ?

Bob the Unbeliever

That's brilliant! I wish we had more of that here in the US. Alas, our lawmakers are still confused as to the difference between 'climate' and 'weather'....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Congratulations.

I assume you're also going to cover other contributors such as methane from a "global warming perspective" Understanding Global Warming Potentials | US EPA

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The department has been officially floated and our first batch of Master's students are starting from this semester. I am teaching the course "Sustainable Energy Technology" as part of the program. :innocent: I will also probably guide a Master's student research on the topic from next semester onwards.

Hope the department will grow over the years and contribute positively to meeting the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement from the India side.

In other news of relevance, India is investing massively in battery technology to electrify its transportation system and help reduce both pollution and GHG emissions. Sustainable energy technology will focus on such things. :)
India wants electric vehicles to drive its future

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

th