• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for the unvaccinated?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Please indicate what specific items you feel are “propaganda”.

There's a good amount of it.
https://www.canva.com/learn/examples-of-propaganda/

Here are good examples

1. Below
4. Mc Donald's
9. Etc

Anyway, there are a lot. Censorship as well
White House says Facebook needs to work harder to censor COVID-19 misinformation

Every time I hear a video on covid on YouTube from experts, Biden, or just people talking they all say unvax are lead by misinformation.

That just didn't pop up and spread like wildfire.

When you see it all together I'm somewhat surprised the vaxed can't see this. If I asked biden he's probably say yes. Unapologetically.

Here's another form of propaganda well persuasion.

What Biden's Door-to-Door COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign Is – and Isn't

I could go on.

I took time to post this since you asked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-235255.png
    Screenshot_20210920-235255.png
    641.9 KB · Views: 0
  • mccafevaccine_mcdonalds_whitehouse.jpg
    mccafevaccine_mcdonalds_whitehouse.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210920-234832.png
    Screenshot_20210920-234832.png
    928.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210920-234112.png
    Screenshot_20210920-234112.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You think we had to be told to get vaccinated? We comprehend a very deadly and extremely contagious virus is currently in pandemic mode and that vaccines are the best bet to not get the disease they vaccinate against. This is why so many of us now had a childhood free of polio and knowing iron lungs only in history books. That happened because of vaccines.

No.

I said US citizens, the vaxed, are told that the unvax is endangering others.

Not sure where you got that from.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Commentary is hardly propaganda. To be propaganda isn't a false message part of it? You made a claim but have not been able to support it.

US has been using propaganda for decades to get citizens to fight for causes like wars.

I don't care for it but that doesn't change history repeating itself. The first link in 22 gives a brief history. It doesn't need to be a dirty word, I just don't care for it. I was just answering Daemon's question.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
US has been using propaganda for decades to get citizens to fight for causes like wars.

I don't care for it but that doesn't change history repeating itself. The first link in 22 gives a brief history. It doesn't need to be a dirty word, I just don't care for it. I was just answering Daemon's question.
Oh there is no doubt about that. But the support for vaccines do not appear to match the definition of propaganda.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Oh there is no doubt about that. But the support for vaccines do not appear to match the definition of propaganda.

No. It's how the message is channeled not the message itself. I have no issues with vaccines as a whole and facts or science; I'd be dead without the latter. My thing is how it's channeled and in my opinion the people who fall for it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The problem that I have with the term propaganda is based upon the usual use of the word:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view..

Even though Democrats have supported the vaccines more that does not make them a Democratic item. In fact many Republicans will point out how the Trump administration very strongly backed the development of the various vaccines. So it fails as a political issue. Is there anything misleading or biased in the information about the vaccines? Not that I have seen. I have seen strawman versions of the information by those that oppose them.

So where is the "propaganda". Unless you mean a lesser used version of that term. It would be nice if you stated exactly what you meant by using that term if your are not using that definition.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I'm currently studying media messages. You may be interested in this.
BBC Short Video Introduction, The Medium is the Message | Social & Psychological Effects of Communication Technology

"McLuhan argues that the medium itself is the message, that throughout history what was communicated (message) has been less important than the particular medium through which people communicated. "

You can be influenced by how a message is sent more so the message itself. There have been studies.

All in all if vaccinated Do, it's more the end justifies the means.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm currently studying media messages. You may be interested in this.
BBC Short Video Introduction, The Medium is the Message | Social & Psychological Effects of Communication Technology

"McLuhan argues that the medium itself is the message, that throughout history what was communicated (message) has been less important than the particular medium through which people communicated. "

You can be influenced by how a message is sent more so the message itself. There have been studies.

All in all if vaccinated Do, it's more the end justifies the means.
There is no doubt that how a message is sent can affect how one accepts it. That does not make such messages propaganda. I do not see how that helps your claim at all.

I do not know of any false narratives or other dishonest tactics used to get people to accept vaccinations. That is why I keep asking for specifics.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. It's how the message is channeled not the message itself. I have no issues with vaccines as a whole and facts or science; I'd be dead without the latter. My thing is how it's channeled and in my opinion the people who fall for it.

@Subduction Zone

Specific examples are in post 22.

What did you need me to elaborate on?

The first comment, my non issues with the vaccine, or people falling for it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's not being told. It's the "common sense basics" of how contagions and vaccines work.

I don't know how promoting the vaccine is like where you live but the US government does play with people's emotions and people follow whether it's to buy a product or fight a cause they believe in.

I'm not sure why I haven't picked up that growing up, though. Outside looking in to some extent.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There is no doubt that how a message is sent can affect how one accepts it. That does not make such messages propaganda. I do not see how that helps your claim at all.

I do not know of any false narratives or other dishonest tactics used to get people to accept vaccinations. That is why I keep asking for specifics.

The context I used it in from my links is that it's a tool to get people to believe and fight for a cause.

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

Here's the definition. Vaccine promotion is highly biased.

I gave examples and repeated it in other threads. The attachments are good examples. It's used to influence people to a cause and in this case it's biased information.

I haven't read anything good about unvaccinated people. In journalism it's ideally supposed to be neutral reporting but I suspect cause of politics they can only be impartial for so much without leading people away from the over all message.

SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The context I used it in from my links is that it's a tool to get people to believe and fight for a cause.

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

Here's the definition. Vaccine promotion is highly biased.

I gave examples and repeated it in other threads. The attachments are good examples. It's used to influence people to a cause and in this case it's biased information.

I haven't read anything good about unvaccinated people. In journalism it's ideally supposed to be neutral reporting but I suspect cause of politics they can only be impartial for so much without leading people away from the over all message.

SPJ Code of Ethics - Society of Professional Journalists
That is not the usual definition nor does it appear to be how you used the term. You used it as if it were a pejorative.

And no, vaccine promotion is not "highly biased" It is highly factual. The problem is that some people do not like the facts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know how promoting the vaccine is like where you live but the US government does play with people's emotions and people follow whether it's to buy a product or fight a cause they believe in.

I'm not sure why I haven't picked up that growing up, though. Outside looking in to some extent.
At first there wasn't any pressure or anything. Basically every adult who wanted one was able to get it.
And then to try to get the unvaccinated on board California launched PSAs encouraging it and even paid people to get it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is not the usual definition nor does it appear to be how you used the term. You used it as if it were a pejorative.

And no, vaccine promotion is not "highly biased" It is highly factual. The problem is that some people do not like the facts.

It's very biased. I didn't say it wasn't factual. I said that the promotion of facts and opinions are highly one sided. In this case it's unapologetically so. I personally have a problem with it but I'm terribly surprised people just don't see it. Maybe they think it's an antivaxxer thing but this has been going on throughout history.

When your facts and opinions promote oneside it is biased, the other side no matter how true it is is censored or deleted as misinformation.

Government repeat misinformation so much people just believe it automatically.

It's almost cult like to be honest. Facts should be presented neutral.

It's not the facts (although I don't use them as one would see scripture), but how they are promoted in light of persuading people to vax though propaganda.

Last edited: