• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good guys with guns.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Calm down, Rambo. I never said anything about "trying to reason" with a shooter. I merely pointed out situations that could potentially be problematic. Real life ain't like the movies, kid.

Well in that case you might want to factor in a meteor falling on you during the confrontation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A. Would be burglars are not inherently violent

B. Cherry picked singular examples are not a good basis for forming general opinions.

I beg to differ, my friend. I have been in the home security business for over thirty years and I know if a person has the chutzpah to break into your home they will hurt you if you are there. Now, granted, there maybe some burglars with hearts of gold like you see in the movies, but it's foolish and maybe even fatal to believe that actually happens.

Holdasown

There are different terms for Daytime and Nighttime Burglary because one is more than likely to involve the person encountering the home owner. If you are women I would assume anyone breaking in at night was intent on rape before burglary.

Last edited:

dfnj

With the mass shooting that took place in parkland yesterday you have a lot of people that are saying the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

18 school shootings so far in 2018.

And not one good guy with a gun came to save the day! Also there were armed grauds on the campus and they couldn’t prevent the shooting. Why do people continue to cling to this faulty logic?

Here's a good video supporting your way of thinking:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There are different terms for Daytime and Nighttime Burglary because on is more than likely to involve the person encountering the home owner. If you are women I would assume anyone breaking in at night was intent on rape before burglary.

Actually burglary means breaking in at night; statutory burglary means entering in daylight. But there's no difference in the burglar's mindset, they will hurt you. Most of the burglaries I have seen were during the day and most were drug related in some way. These are not nice people that break into your home.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My brother-in-law's neighbor shot himself in the leg after bringing his gun to Church. The guy stopped at the Giant after Church with his kids and shot himself:

Father accidentally kills himself in front of children at grocery store

So tragic it is beyond words.
Safety is just given too little attention.
I also don't understand people's need to carry with a round in the chamber.
It takes almost no time to rack the slide if needed, & there is zero chance
of accidentally discharging it.

Holdasown

Actually burglary means breaking in at night; statutory burglary means entering in daylight. But there's no difference in the burglar's mindset, they will hurt you. Most of the burglaries I have seen were during the day and most were drug related in some way. These are not nice people that break into your home.

Our state code list them as Daytime and Nighttime. Both are felonies. Yes most day time are drug related. We have had a few elderly shoved down and punched because they were home when it happened.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Our state code list them as Daytime and Nighttime. Both are felonies. Yes most day time are drug related. We have had a few elderly shoved down and punched because they were home when it happened.

Yes. The word "burglary" comes from Old English law that means "breaking in the night". We had add the statute that breaking in during the day also constitutes burglary.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
With the mass shooting that took place in parkland yesterday you have a lot of people that are saying the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

18 school shootings so far in 2018.

And not one good guy with a gun came to save the day! Also there were armed grauds on the campus and they couldn’t prevent the shooting. Why do people continue to cling to this faulty logic?
I question whether a citizen who would run into a school with a loaded firearm ready to kill someone is actually a "good guy."

dfnj

Safety is just given too little attention.
I also don't understand people's need to carry with a round in the chamber.
It takes almost no time to rack the slide if needed, & there is zero chance
of accidentally discharging it.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have to be honest with you I am gun illiterate. I have no desire to stroke a rod.

I have a funny story to tell you. When I first met my wife, we would spend 2 weeks vacationing in Holden Beach in rental with her family. Her aunt and uncle from Kentucky would join us. When I first met Uncle John it was a culture class. He thought I was some new-york-***-liberal-jew in his mind. I thought he was some kind of inbred-red-neck gun nut. Besides our initial stereotypes, we became friends. The second year we were grilling dinner and drinking American filtered beer. He's warming up to me and says, "We have this cabin in the woods, and we sit on the porch and drink beer all day. And when the deer walk by we shoot-em. So Don, do you think you can shoot a deer?" It took me moment, I never thought about shooting Bambi before. I was kind of taken aback by the question. So hesitantly answered, "Maybe in self-defense." WRONG ANSWER. I wasn't invited to the cabin!