• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good food for a good mood

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Only my wife would not like to spend all that time in the kitchen. "Eat what I place before you".

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
I was surprised to find I eat 28 of these fresh produce items, some more often than others, which is more than half, but of course, I am vegetarian.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Only my wife would not like to spend all that time in the kitchen. "Eat what I place before you".

TRY living alone as I do - then you reallly do have to cook and prepare all your own food unless you eat take-away which I rarely do.

But at least I have little worry that the food may have bad vibes from being prepared by someone who is upset at all :)

If I can't be bothered cooking - I usually eat something raw like nuts & seeds & fruit & chocolate sometimes ...

Food does affect how you feel.- so all of you listen to this and try to eat healthy for a healthier mind as well!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I was surprised to find I eat 28 of these fresh produce items, some more often than others, which is more than half, but of course, I am vegetarian.

Me too!

Then I read all about how fish oil is so good for the brain and I wonder what I am doing to my own brain by not eating fish ...

Cheers!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yep, or "cook your own dinner !"
I can't even handle a ladle properly. My visits to kitchen usually leads to unnecessary spills. Though I like fried food which Geoff would not count as healthy or leading to healthier mind, but which certainly leads to happiness.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I can't even handle a ladle properly. My visits to kitchen usually leads to unnecessary spills. Though I like fried food which Geoff would not count as healthy or leading to healthier mind, but which certainly leads to happiness.

I have news for you :)

I lovesome fried food - esp stir-fried vegetables - even made up my own "recipe" - including rice & peppers & mushrooms & garlic & ginger & chilli and broccoli and brown rice and whatever else is around the kitchen!

I agree healthy mind is vital - so we need to watch our own minds carefully to reduce the amount of negativity that may develop if we are un-mindful ...

Enjoy your day!

What is your favourite fried food? If you ever visit this country I could show you how tasty my recipe really is ...

:)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Onion pakoras or non-veg. I have no negativity, all happiness, but I have never been a saintly person.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good list, but (there is always a but)

Never tried kefir
Cant stand Brussels sprouts or beets
I drink very little alcohol but use it a lot in cooking

Most of the rest is pretty much staple in our family with a few items just occasional.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Good list, but (there is always a but)

Never tried kefir
Cant stand Brussels sprouts or beets
I drink very little alcohol but use it a lot in cooking

Most of the rest is pretty much staple in our family with a few items just occasional.

Hi Christine

Yes there is always room for debate. I also gave up alcohol - not a great combination with the meds I am taking :)

I love Brussel sprouts so I have to part ways from you! My brother is more in line with your tastes - he hates sprouts and most other vegies ...

Never seen blue potatoes but spuds are very versatile - love potato salad & baked potato.

Thanks for sharing!