• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good excuses for calling off work

Cooky

Veteran Member
Hi. I've used up all the excuses I know for calling off work, so rather than recycling old ones, I was wondering if anyone else knew any good ones I could use. Thanks.

Some of my best ones were:
  • I cant come in, i was in the ER with my wife all night, she had vertigo
  • Dead battery, my car wont start
  • I broke a tooth and need to see a dentist
  • I was in a fender bender, im just going to take the day off
  • Food poisoning (a classic)
  • Etc.

Vee

Premium Member
One of my friends works in the city hall, and I can guarantee you public servants have a bad reputation for a good reason, even if some of them are serious and don't deserve it.
The other day he showed me an email he received from a woman in his department announcing that she wasn't coming to work because her daughter's pet bunny had died and she was very upset, so she had to stay home and comfort her child. I read the email. She seriously said that to the HR manager.
If I ever come up with something like that to my boss I'm pretty sure I'll find myself looking for another job soon :)

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry I can't come to work I have been cyber-converted and I don't care anymore.

Hi. I've used up all the excuses I know for calling off work, so rather than recycling old ones, I was wondering if anyone else knew any good ones I could use. Thanks.

• Etc.

A player for a football team I support said he couldn't go to training because the electric gates of his mansion wouldn't open so he was trapped.

(unfortunately the manager went there and measured the height of the walls 'trapping' him in. They were 4 foot, 6 inches)

David T

Premium Member
A guy at work a few weeks ago said his clothes were wet. I was flabergasted, hell don't say such stupid stuff, call in sick or something don't tell the truth.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have the luxury of being able to call off in my position.

But a few of my favorites that have been used on me.
  • I had a flat tire. (It took you 8 hours to change it?)
  • My kid is sick.
  • I don't have a babysitter.
  • My grandmother was admitted to the hospital. (And you were the physician on call?)
  • My brother got shot.
  • My sister needs me to watch her kid while she's at work.
And my favorite excuse for a no call/no show.
  • I read the wrong day on the schedule.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

• Etc.

None of these work for my job. The only excuse I can use is for one of my relatives to present my death certificate after I have passed away.

Sorry but I'm no help here!